Reviewers unable to see review file

Hello,

I am using OJS 3.3 and having a problem where, when a review file is uploaded, the reviewers cannot see it. I have checked logging in as a reviewer on one of these submissions, and the review file does not show up for them. I have no idea why it is not showing up; I tried re-uploading the file in one example submission and it still did not show up. Has anybody encountered this problem/or has any information on how to solve it?

Thanks!
Rachel

Hi @Rachel,

Can you clarify a few points here:

Which file is the reviewer trying to view (e.g. the author’s submission)?
What specific version of OJS are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-7)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

Thanks for your reply! Yes: we’re using OJS 3.3.0-7. And the reviewer is trying to view the review file - it was uploaded by an editor into the review stage. I’m attaching a screenshot to show where the file is.Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 12.02.21 PM

Thanks!

Hi @Rachel,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. This is helpful. This is the editor’s view, correct? Can you confirm that the Reviewer has accepted the request to review? That might impact their ability to see it, if that is the case.

-Roger

Yes, this is the editor’s view, and yes, the reviewer accepted the request to review, but when I login as this reviewer, they don’t see any files. Here is the reviewer view in the same submission (and the reviewer has definitely accepted the review):
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.06.45 PM

Hi @Rachel,

Hmmm… I was not able to duplicate this error when I tested it - the files appeared just fine, so not entirely sure what is going on here. Do you have access to your PHP error log and can paste the output from that here? Not entirely sure if that will help, but I’ll at least see if I can get some of my other team members to have a look and see if they can suggest something.

Best regards,

-Roger
PKP Team