Publishing error: "You don't currently have access to that stage of the workflow"

Greetings,

I’m trying to publish the new number of one of our journals but I keep receiving the error “You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow”, I using the admin account and had no problem publishing in other journals. The roles are identical to the other journals.

Best regards,
José Nobre

Hi @josenobre,

Do you have the editor and/or journal manager roles available to you as well?

Can you please tell us what version of OJS you’re using (e.g. 3.3.0-13)? In the future, please include this in your posts, as it is important for others assisting with troubleshooting

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

I’m using OJS 3.3.0.14 and have all roles and supposedly all permissions.

Best regards,
José Nobre

Hi @josenobre,

Okay - thanks for clarifying. Is it that you are trying to publish a particular issue, or a specific article (I couldn’t tell from your initial post)? You may want to have a look at these posts here: Publishing Error - Need Help - #6 by mazen.abbas and Cannot schedule for publication, "You don't currently have access to that stage of the workflow.", where they have encountered this issue and have found a resolution.

-Roger
PKP Team

I also had this issue, there seems to be an ip check that doesn’t allow one login.

1. Login into the cpanel
  2. Within your website directory
  3. Locate ‘config.inc.php’
  4. Edit this file, locate ‘session_check_ip’; this was on line 256 or just search for it
  5. Change this to ‘Off’

hi @kali_doss

Thank you for your suggestion, it took some time to put it to use because the the person responsible was abroad. The problem didn’t lie with the ‘session_check_ip’ but with the use of ‘QuickSubmit Plugin’, by using it it I cannot publish because I’m not part of the workflow, by adding myself I could now publish.
This error only appears on the journal in question and not on the other 9 journals.

Best regards,
José Nobre

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.