OJS: Change Submission date

Is it possible to change the submission date of a specified article/…? Instead of having the date when we submitted it to the webpage we actually want to have the date when it actually got submitted to us.

We are using version 2.4.6.0 of OJS.

Thanks!

Hi @frajo,

Are you bringing in older content? If so, I’d suggest looking at the “QuickSubmit” plugin, which is included with recent releases of OJS. It allows you to enter a submission date.

To change the submission date of existing submissions, you’ll need to work with the database directly. The date_submitted column in the articles table is what you want to change.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

is it also in OJS 3.2 safe to change the date_submitted column in the submissions table?

We want to upload some older issues, and also would like to change the “date accepted”. The table edit_decisions looks more complicated. Is it safe to change the date_decided where stage_id = 3?

Regards,
habib

Hi @habib,

It’s safe to change the date_submitted column in the submissions table, but you’re probably more interested in the publication date, which is in the date_published column of the publications table. See submissions.current_publication_id for the relevant publication_id for the publications table.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

thanks for your help. We’re actually showing the date_decided on our landing page, so it would be good to know if it is possible to change this directly in Mysql.

Best,
habib

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

this is a screenshot of the table edit_decisions:

edit_decisions

I want to backdate the date_decided.
I guess I would have to modify date_decided in all three rows, in the correct order from stage 1 (oldest date) to stage 4 (newest). Would that be the right way?

This creates an inconsistency, because the old date would still be stored in the table event_log but I think it would be bearable.
Do you think that can be done without any further problems?

Regards,
habib

Hi @habib,

Yes, you should be able to edit edit_decisions to back-date the decisions. I would recommend keeping the decisions sequentially sensible, e.g. the order of the dates for a submission probably shouldn’t change.

If it helps to understand the magic numbers, the stage IDs are defined here: pkp-lib/PKPApplication.inc.php at stable-3_2_1 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

great, thank you very much!

Regards,
habib

Hi everyone, it`s possible to change the dates with a plugin?, I found out that doing so by changing the tables breaks the texture editor plugin and the create galley function of it. Thanks a lot in advance for the reply.

Hi @Sergio_Javier_Santam,

Hmm, I’m not sure why Texture would care about changed dates; is there an error message to go along with the problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher the error message is failed JSON, I think that when you upload a submission the date is registered in more than one table. When the modified submission is deleted the “Create Galley” function remains broken. The only way I found to make it work was to reinstall with clean tables. I solve it not displaying the submission date and adding the correct one in the Resume box, but the metadata in the OAI-PMH remains off.

Regards,
Sergio Santamarina

Can you check your server’s PHP error log for details?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The error message on the server was that couldn´t load gettext, and on the system was “Failed Ajax request invalid JSON returned”. We had XAMP installed and change it thinking that the problem of gettext was related to the XAMP package. It still didn´t work.

You’ll need to make sure that the gettext module is loaded in your PHP configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher
Yes, we installed Apache2 and made sure that the module was loaded. We´ll back up everything and try again changing the submission. I will tell you how it went. Cheers!

yesterday i change submission date from submission_files, but i get 500 Internal server error when i click the journals. like this image

how can i resolve this?
ty

Hi @pdti_unira,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

like this image

i try to rename files on this folder, but nothing happen if i click on jurnal website (download can’t run automatically)

Hi @pdti_unira,

Have you protected your files directory from direct access via the web server? If not, your files directory definitely should not be in public_html; that is not a safe deployment. Check docs/README.md under “Recommended Configuration” for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher