OJS 3 - The current role does not have access to this operation

Hi @mejiamariod,

I’ve filed this for attention at Reviewers do not have access to files uploaded in review discussions · Issue #4266 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. Watch for a status update and patch on that issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Problem solved!

1 Like

Hi, Thanks to the OJS team and wish a happy new year.
For awhile now, I am not able to download files by clicking download link on Editorial History or, Information Center → History.
I have Journal Manager role, and use OJS 3.1.1.2. I applied patch at https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/4266 but that didn’t solve my issue.

When I click Editorial History → History → Download link, sometimes a visual message appears, other times usually a text message and prevents download.

I especially ask this because many authors upload different files (blind manuscript, full manuscript) one after another, and I want to reupload them manually. So I need to download each upload file by using History.

Screenshots are attached. Since I have limited time, I want to apply necessary patches, I may upgrade later.

Hope we can solve it,
Best Regards,
Ugur Kocak
message1
message2
message3

Hi there, sorry to bring up this old thread again. I am completely new to OJS and have no technical knowledge whatsoever which makes my problem really difficult to crack.
I am using OJS 3.3.0.14. I am currently testing out the features before launching our journal, as such, I have both the Journal Manager and Editor access. I created another account and specifically gave it only Reviewer access. I do have the option activated that reviewer will get access to the file after accepting the request. However, when the request is at first sent to the reviewer, he clicks on Accept but the screen just keeps on loading like this:
Screenshot 2024-02-24 170830
When I refresh the screen, it takes the reviewer directly to Step 2 (Reviewer Guidelines). Going to Step 3, when the reviewer clicks on the file to download, the error code is shown: {“status”:false,“content”:“The current role does not have access to this operation.”,“elementId”:“0”,“events”:null}

Now, I have waited for a long time after clicking Accept in Step 1, but literally nothing happens; just the loading loop sign is shown. How can I resolve it?