OJS 3.3 and sword plugin

Hello,

I have installed the latest version of OJS 3.3.0-5, and I have installed the sword plugin (version adapted to OJS 3.3) and it does not work.

There is no schema.xml file. Therefore it does not create the database tables.
This is a problem?

Sword version for OJS 3.2.1 also does not work in 3.3

Can someone help me. Thanks

Hi @franms,

Are you able to determine what version of the SWORD plugin youā€™re using? Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œversion adapted to OJS 3.3ā€ - can you clarify where exactly you got the plugin from. So far as I can tell, the plugin may not be fully tested for OJS 3.3 and is thus not added to the plugin gallery. There has been some recent discussion on the use of the SWORD plugin here too: SWORD Setup for Deposits from OPS to OJS - #21 by talknshare

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

I have downloaded the plugin from: GitHub - pkp/sword: Allow Journal Managers and (optionally) Authors to deposit articles via the SWORD protocol
from the ā€˜mainā€™ branch.
In the code the schema.xml file does not appear (this file contains the information of the database tables). Therefore the plugin gives an error because it cannot find these tables.

Thanks!

Hi @franms,

The best bet with installing plugins is to install them from the plugin gallery, rather than via Github. That said, the SWORD plugin has still not be tested / deemed compatible for OJS 3.3 yet (see here: OJS/OMP/OPS 3.3.0 plugin updates Ā· Issue #6691 Ā· pkp/pkp-lib Ā· GitHub). Iā€™m flagging @asmecher here as he might want to speak to the issue with the missing schema.xml file and whether or not this will have to be taken into account when updating the plugin for 3.3.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @franms,

I havenā€™t added SWORD plugins for 3.3 to the Plugin Gallery yet, but there are some preliminary releases noted here that youā€™re welcome to try (feedback is welcome): SWORD Setup for Deposits from OPS to OJS - #9 by asmecher

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

I have downloaded the plugin sword-v1_0_6-0.tar.gz, I have installed it in OJS 3.3.0-5 and it works for me, but I had to comment some lines SwordImportExportPlugin file (the $statementCandidates and $ssi variables).
Therefore, now itā€™s working for me the Sword plugin for OJS 3.3.0-5.

Thanks.

Hi @franms,

Were those lines causing warnings/errors? If so, can you include them here?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.