SWORD Setup for Deposits from OPS to OJS

Hi @asmecher,

My APIProfileForm.inc.php file looks very different than the one you have cited. I really wanted to try out the sword plugins, so I created new OJS/OPS 3.3.0.3 test installations on the server and uploaded/installed the sword plugins. The JWT and API keys are working fine. I was able to deposit a submission from OPS to OJS, and it’s beautiful! Definitely not in its final form, but what a great concept indeed. A couple of things I noted are as follows:

• Articles are deposited as “Incomplete” and OJS manager has to complete the submission.
  • Subtitle, Abstract, Metadata items (keywords, discipline, etc.), References, and Categories are not ported.
  • Is there a submission acknowledgment email by OJS sent to everyone on the list of contributors once the submission is deposited via sword?

Our main goal is to allow the OPS managers to deposit the submissions to OJS as complete submissions without the author’s involvement. The Managers Only option works out perfectly. If we have multiple OPS installations, we can have specific OJS user accounts for each of the OPS. That way it is a whole lot easier to account for how many submissions are received from each OPS. You guys are doing God’s work!

Rather than trying to troubleshoot all the errors with OJS/OPS 3.2.x, I’ll just wait until we upgrade our systems to 3.3.x. I don’t want to take up too much of your time, and hopefully, we can see a full-fledged sword integration! I’m not sure how I can help at this juncture, but please let me know of future updates to this functionality.

Thank you,
@talknshare