[OJS 3.3.0.8] Copyeditors unable to access submission file

Hello every/anyone
Description of issue or problem I’m having:
This is a recurring problem we are having with our copyeditors.
Our process involves citations/references normalization and then assigning the submission to copyeditors for grammar review.

Some users are getting the message below (which has happened to me as well in some occasions!) on screen when trying to download the file:

{"status":false,"content":"O papel atual n\u00e3o possui permiss\u00e3o para realizar esta opera\u00e7\u00e3o.","elementId":"0","events":null}

In en_US would be variable in lib/pkp/locale/en_US/user.po
msgid "user.authorization.roleBasedAccessDenied"
msgstr "The current role does not have access to this operation."

Steps I took leading up to the issue:

1. Copyeditor is assigned to submission after normalizer submits version;
  2. File may be added to list of files for editing before or after copyeditor is assigned in participants list;
  3. Copyeditor is notified of task;
  4. Copyeditor notifies us being unable to download the file.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
I have to download and send the file outside the system via e-mail.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.3.0.8

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @ramon

Out of curiosity, are the files being added to Discussion posts or the general file grids? Files in discussion posts can only be downloaded by people participating in the discussion, I believe. You can add people to discussions by editing the discussion as a journal editor.

Best
Jason

Hello @jnugent ,

The files are being added to the list of files in editing (the first and major list of files). I believe that’s what you call the general file grid.
Sometimes I add the file by browsing the list of files available (uploaded as revisions) and the ones in the discussion get added that way too (Sometimes they show up to be added to the main list).

Usually, I have to download from the conversation (attached in the message) and upload back to the list of files for review/copyediting/production (Major grid).

The users are assigned as the work gets completed. E.g.: normalizer finishes and uploads version > file gets downloaded > uploaded file as editor > assign to copyeditor > send e-mail.

Some users get that message, other don’t, with the same role, sometimes different roles within the process. Nnormalizer is a custom role created, with the same permissions as copyeditor, but makes it easier for us to distinguish who’s who when assigning.