MS ID and file name

Hello, the platform is wonderful. I am adapting it for our Journal. I would like to ask for two items that are important to us.
The Journal uses an ID for the manuscripts. Is it possible to change the number the program gives to that of our Journal?
For revision, the name of the files include the ID the Journal gives. Is it possible to give them that name instead of that automatically give?
If a change in the code is needed we have a programmer who can do it if you tell us how.

Hi @isaluthy,

Can you verify what version of OJS you’re using?

Customizing the use of submission IDs could. be problematic, as OJS is very reliant on them and customizing them may have some unintended consequences. Please see the forum post here: OJS Auto Generated Submission ID number

If you’d still really like to customize them in full knowledge of the fact that it could create issues, let me know, and I’ll see if one of our developers can make suggestions for how to go about this.

-Roger
PKP staff

@PKP staff

Please I would love to know how to configure our OJS 3 website such that the system Automatically assign a Manuscript ID to every manuscript submitted by an Author when sending Auto acknowledgement to the Submitter.

Awaiting patiently for your responds.

Thank you

Hi @siroplc,

Can you please indicate the specific version number of OJS you are working with (please include this information in future posts, as it helps others here on the forum assist in answering questions)?

-Roger
PKP Team

The specific version of OJS is 3.3.0.8

Hi @siroplc,

OJS already issues IDs, such as the ones seen here (980, 981, etc).

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 8.55.07 AM

As noted here: Reagarding customization of submission ID - customizing the ID in the backend is not really feasible - or advisable.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello thank you for your response. I understand that the system already assign ID to every submitted manuscript.

I know that the submitter gets an automated receipt of acknowledgement as soon as the manuscript is submitted. This is subject to the predefined acknowledgement email template.

My major concern here is how to notify the submitter that his/her manuscript submitted has been assigned the ID (980, 981, etc)

Such that the Authors can use the specific assigned OJS ID in all future correspondence with the Editors.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Hi @siroplc,

Thanks for clarifying. I’m not sure that there is a way to automate doing that - it might require some custom coding, but I will see if any of our other team members can offer advice when they are available.

-Roger
PKP Team