We are currently running on OJS 2.4.7 and very soon on OJS 3.0.2.
I read some posts on the forum about metrics and I would like to know if I understood correctly which plugins we can use for metrics in OJS 2.x. and 3.x…
And I will have some questions.
In OJS 2.x.:
- ALM plugin: The ALM service has been decommissioned but it’s still possible to use it to have only HTML and PDF statitics from internal statitics
- Plum Analytics plugin: It requires a third party subscription.
In OJS 3.x.:
- PKP/Impactstory: a newest initiative on statistics: Impactstory is developing a free service, in conjunction with PKP, to deliver document-level metrics. Impactstory is still under development.
I have some general questions about metrics in OJS 3.x:
- Is it possible to use Plum Analytics plugin in OJS 3.x ?
- We would like to know approximately when we can be able to use the new PKP/Impactstory tool in OJS 3.x ?
- Is the documentation PKP_Statistics_Framework up to date for OJS 3.x ?
I have also specific questions for our personal use.
We don’t display a download link for HTML article but we display directly content of HTML galley by using “HTML Article Galley” in a specific page. (ex: http://journal.tld/ojs/index.php/journal1/article/view/1825). In this page we display the abstract, authors and references from metadata and HTML content from HTMl galley. We also display in this page download links for others galleys (as PDF and XML).
We would like to display for the visitors the following statistics in OJS 3.x.:
- the number of views of the article page and
- the number of downloads of others galleys: PDF/EPUB/XML
What can we use now to do that in OJS 3.x.?
I understand the new extended “usage stats plugin” display a chart with the number of downloads. But can it display the number of views of article page which contains abstract ? Or do we have to use another plugin to do that as COUNTER Statistics ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.