Installing JATSParser plugin

When I install JatsParser in OJS3, then I can not have access to “Installed Plugins”. What happened it just “Loading…” and never load. When I delete the plugin from the “Plugin/generic” directory then installed plugins are displayed. I have followed the instruction on how to install the plugin. I am using OldGregg theme.

1 Like

I will construct a post tomorrow about JATS Parser Plugin v2.0 (installing instructions, requirements, etc.)

Thank you looking forward to have the instruction

i have the same problem

Hi @moul_ab,

Are you also trying to install JATS Parser Plugin together with the Old Gregg theme?

Yes but its not working.

Thank you for your interest

I suggest not using both of them on one OJS instance until the next release of the Old Gregg theme plugin. Take a look at this post and let me know if you have any questions.

BTW the master branch of the JATS Parser Plugin now is compatible with the Default theme but it’s not tested yet. If you’d like to test, you can download it with git (I’d avoid production use for now):

git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/Vitaliy-1/JATSParserPlugin.git 

Thank you for the attention and for the work you do.

I can’t see the files of the articles I publish (PDF, HTML)
journalafricaindeladouleur.com
I’m testing oldgregg here.

It seams there is an error during template compilation. Do you see any relevant errors in PHP logs?

28-Dec-2019 03:31:52 Etc/GMT] PHP Warning: Declaration of DefaultTranslationPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/regiebw3/public_html/plugins/generic/defaultTranslation/DefaultTranslationPlugin.inc.php on line 88
[28-Dec-2019 03:31:52 Etc/GMT] PHP Warning: Declaration of JatsTemplatePlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/regiebw3/public_html/plugins/generic/jatsTemplate/JatsTemplatePlugin.inc.php on line 261
[28-Dec-2019 03:31:52 Etc/GMT] PHP Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘OldGreggThemePlugin’ does not have a method ‘htmlDisplay’ in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php on line 107
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:21 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:21 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:21 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:21 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:21 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:22 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:22 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:22 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:22 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:22 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:23 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:23 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:23 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:23 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:23 Etc/GMT] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003
[28-Dec-2019 04:29:23 Etc/G

Deprecated : Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263

Deprecated : Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359

Deprecated : Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921

Deprecated : Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939

Deprecated : The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003

Warning : Declaration of DefaultTranslationPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/regiebw3/public_html/plugins/generic/defaultTranslation/DefaultTranslationPlugin.inc.php on line 88

Warning : Declaration of JatsTemplatePlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/regiebw3/public_html/plugins/generic/jatsTemplate/JatsTemplatePlugin.inc.php on line 261

Notice : Deprecated call without request object. in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 872

Notice : Deprecated call without request object. in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 872

Warning : call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘OldGreggThemePlugin’ does not have a method ‘htmlDisplay’ in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php on line 107

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php:872) in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 836

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php:872) in /home/regiebw3/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 837

Hmm, nothing critical here. Does that article include galley in JATS XML format?
Also, it’s the latest stable release or clone of a master branch?

I tried the master versions but it doesn’t work. And I changed the extension from tar.gz to zip and it works. except I can’t see the files of the articles I publish (PDF, HTML).

Yes, the master branch is in development for the next release, it may not work. I recommend using packed releases.

Old Gregg theme, in particular, the latest release, is developed only for journals that are using JATS XML format for publishing workflow. You can look at the example here: JATSParser/example.xml at 080e4744b6fc44460097d50ab4f296a5d72bf9bb · Vitaliy-1/JATSParser · GitHub

If you JATS XML isn’t your main publishing format but you want to use this theme, I suggest waiting until the next release, where the theme is less strict regaring usage of JATS XML. The next release is 70% ready.

Let me know if you are using JATS XML but it isn’t parsed correctly. The file should be just uploaded as a galley on the production stage.

Thanks for getting back to me. I will try again with JATS XML format using the download link you just sent me.

Hello, I converted my document with an online JATS converter and it works now. Can you advise me a free jats converter ?

DOCX to JATS XML plugin for OJS: GitHub - Vitaliy-1/docxConverter: Plugin for OJS 3 that parses DOCX and converts it to JATS XML format.
Also, I’m working on enhancement for Grobid to convert PDFs to JATS; it converts only to TEI XML for now.