Hi to all,
Just released JATS Parser Plugin v2.0, the new version of a plugin for displaying JATS XML article in HTML and PDF.
What’s new in this release:
- A JATS XML to PDF conversion feature. Is based on TCPDF library (©Nicola Asuni, under GNU Lesser General Public License).
- Improved JATS XML to HTML parsing. Is based on rewritten JATS Parser library. Now supports complex cases of formatted text, for example:
<italic>italic<bold>italic and bold</bold></italic>, complex tables and nested lists.
- An option in Plugin Settings to use OJS parsed references (rather than from JATS XML).
- Better styling and functionality for article’s HTML page.
- Displays article on the XML galley page.
- Retrieves article metadata from OJS (not from JATS)
- Works with OJS themes that use Bootstrap 4, such as Classic, Health Sciences, etc.
HTML example with a Classic theme: http://ojsdemo.e-medjournal.com/index.php/jatsparser/article/view/8/8
PDF example (is generated on the fly): http://ojsdemo.e-medjournal.com/index.php/jatsparser/article/view/8/8?download=pdf
Source JATS XML sample: https://github.com/Vitaliy-1/JATSParserPlugin/blob/master/example.xml
More readme on the Github plugin’s page and source code: https://github.com/Vitaliy-1/JATSParserPlugin
Attention to Old Gregg theme users: the latest patches should be applied for Old Gregg theme before installing the plugin, or fatal error will occur.
Download page: https://github.com/Vitaliy-1/JATSParserPlugin/releases