How to add menu items to Primary Navigation Menu: OJS 3.1

Hi,

@anupent - I think I also experience the initial problem you mentioned. I added “Subscription” to the “primary” navigation menu and it only shows up if I am logged in. If no user is logged in, it disappears from the navigation menu. @NateWr have you any clue on this behaviour?
I added sub-menu items under About and they show up both if I am logged in and if I am logged out.

I would like to have nav menu items which appear constantly on the website.

If logged out:
If logged in:
Settings:

OJS 3.1.0.1 Default theme

Dear,
I had to upgrade again my OJS 3, then everything would work perfectly.
Best

I tried to do the same. And I cannot reproduce this (just for statistics).

Dear all,

I never said that navigation menu at my end shows up when logged in and disappears when logged out.

Initially, JatsManuscript theme by @Vitaliy (which I have been using) had not supported the new navigation menu, so they did not appear in my site. After @NateWr’s post, I manually added the codes and template, and it worked fine.

Later, the JatsManuscript theme was updated by @Vitaliy, and no more manual editing was required for people using this theme.

This is just for clarification.

Regards,

1 Like

Gracias por responder.
Copié el código en el archivo indicado, pero sigue sin aparecer el menú en mi página princial.revista

Could you please indicate where exactly you made the changes, so that the menu appears on the main page.
Sorry i speak spanish.
Tank you

revista2

Hi @Pandora_ramin,

Please do not post the same question in multiple places.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello, where can i find this menu? i had checked the plugins menu, but couldnt find the navigation plugin

Settings → Website → Navigation Menus

I think it’s only work on version 3.1 or above. Mine is 3.0. So i need to configure ot manually or upgrade it to 3.1. Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you should upgrade to 3.1 to make it available.

Como hago para actualizar el OJS. Puedes ayudarme

Dear all, I have the same problem but I could not fix the problem by solutions given in the comments. I have tried these 2 following fixes:

and this:

But non of them work. Any other pieces of advice?
By the way, I am using OJS 3.1.0.1.
Thank a lot

Hi @MJB,

Could you provide some more info regarding the issue you are facing? Are there any PHP or Javascript errors produced from the scenario you are trying and are there any screenshots that shows the problem you are facing?

Thanks in advance.
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

Dear @Dimitris_Efstathiou

I solved the problem by adding manually my navigation menu to primaryMenu.tp file in templates/frontend/components/primaryNavMenu.tpl directory.

Thanks for your help

Hi @MJB,

If you encounter any issue regarding that, don’t hesitate to contact again!

Thanks,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

Hi there,

I am having problems with the customization of the primary navigation menu: Subscription menu item does not appear on the homepage, although everything added properly.

Settings screenshots
Payments are enabled, so the Subscription menu shall appear.

Frontend:
Subscription missing from the end of the nav menu, both if I am logged in and out.

Database seems correct.

It turned up after a while, perhaps after a system upgrade, but I cannot recall the exact event when the menu item disappeared. I tried to add/remove the menu item, replace it elsewhere, reinstall theme, switch Payments on and off, but nothing helped.

Multilingual OJS 3.1.1.2 with Manuscript theme [same problem with the default theme].

Thank you for helping me out.

Hi @czirfusz,

Did you try to clear your cache?

Another thing to check for that is whether your payment method is being configured correctly. Which payment method do you use for your journal?

Thanks!
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

Hi @Dimitris_Efstathiou,

yes, I tried clearing the cache, with no effect.

We use payments for delayed open access, so the latest issue’s PDFs are only available for subscribers.
Do you have any other idea?

The strange thing is that everything worked fine, but suddenly the menu item disappeared, and I can’t remember when.