DOI on Table of content page

Pl suggest as to how can I show the DOI on the Table of Content below Authors’ name in the same manner as shown on the following URL: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/issue/view/6320 What I need to do in terms of coding or whatever in order to get the same schema for my table of contents?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The template file here is:

but it is really just calling (down on line 77) the following:

Note that this template is iterating through the articles as objects. Woot!

This means you have access to the article’s methods, including getPubId().

$article->getPubId('doi') will return the published DOI, if available.

For double bonus points, the presence of the hook Templates::Issue::Issue::Article means you could write a plugin to perform the actual work, without modifying the core code.

1 Like

I tried $article->getPubId(‘doi’) but it didn’t work. Pl suggest more on the issue.
Thanks.

Do you have any experience with PHP and with Smarty templates?

Please post exactly what you tried so we can comment and help.

I am not a PHP savvy. What I did is just wrote $article->getPubId(‘doi’) in place of $article->getId(). Suggest accordingly.

Unfortunately, you really will need someone with PHP experience to make and maintain this kind of change.

Thank you for the suggestion:)

@ctgraham Hello,

As suggested by you, I got someone having PHP experience, he is asking for some model code so as to fix the issue. Should I make him directly mail you (your email ID will be needed) or you will guide him via this forum. If via this forum, Pl guide. My developer will be following your posts in the thread.

Thanks.

Please point your developer to my previous post. That should give the information needed.

A full implementation could mirror the display of pubIds along the lines of the article page:

But if you are just interested in the DOI, simply a call to $article->getPubId('doi') should do.

In the next few days we will publish a plugin that shows the DOIs on Table of content.

Here is an example of the plugin in action:
http://producaoonline.org.br/rpo

As soon as we make it available for download we will update this thread to let you know.

Diego
Lepidus Tecnologia
Periódicos em Nuvens

1 Like

Hi,

You can download the plugin on http://periodicos.emnuvens.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/doiInSummary-2015-11-12.tar.gz .

To install, access Journal Manager → System Plugins → Install A New Plugin and select the package downloaded from the link above.

Have a fun. :smile:

1 Like

Hi @abadan,

Excellent! Thanks for contributing.

Would you consider creating an independent github repository for this plugin? We’re managing a lot of our own plugins that way and it makes finding and discussing the latest version a lot easier.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello abadan. I am so interesting with this plugin. I have downloaded the plugin from the link above, and i have saved in my computer. the problem comes when i try to install it to the ojs. The error mesage said “Errors occurred processing this form:
Plugin was not successfully copied. This may be a permissions problem. Please make sure that the web server is able to write to the plugins directory (including subdirectories) but don’t forget to secure it again later”. Would you like to help me to solve this problem?
Thankyou very much.
Regard
Tarmizi Taher

@Tarmizi, see my response here:

Is the plugin compatible with ojs 3.x.x?

unfortunately not yet.

hi
when I install new plugin show error:
“The tar command is not available. Please correctly configure it in your “config.inc.php”.”

Please help me.

See the discussions here:

and here:

Hi

what is Purpose “correct destination”?

It is needed for the plugin package to be extracted and the files copied at the correct destination

Every plugin has a specific type or classification. The plugins are segmented by type under the plugins folder. For example, the Quick Submit plugin is an “importexport” plugin, so it needs to live in in the plugins/importexport folder.