XML publication of article

I am new to OJS, we are only producing PDF formats for our journal. Can you brief me how we can show xml?

Do we need to create xml file first and upload in gallays? actually what is the procedure, I need some guidance, Will be thankful to you.

@kerimsarigul so we need xml file coverted and uploaded to gallay ? Like we do for pdf? Though my primary concern om how to start :grin:

Yes. We need xml file coverted and uploaded to gallay, like we do for pdf…

@pmangahis says: “We are currently working on a project to automate the conversion of Microsoft Word documents into other formats, including XML, HTML, PDF, EPUB, etc.”

@kerimsarigul great, when the new tool will be available?

@kerimsarigul I have installed jats2docx pluing but for the life of me, it does not show the option for conversion from docx to xml under copyediting/production tabs, any quick help?

You can find detailed information about “XML publication of article” in this file.
It works fine in OJS 3.3.0.8.

“Support for XML-based publishing in OJS”

Option 1: Bypassing automatic conversion
Requirements

• OJS 3.1.2+
  • Texture and Lens plugins installed and enabled
  • XML template (see associated template.xml file)
  • Dependent files (e.g. images) as separate files
  • Optionally, reference list exported from a reference manager like Zotero, in CSL JSON format

Option 2: With automatic conversion
Requirements

• OJS 3.1.2+
  • PHP 7.2, php-xml, php-zip
  • docxConverter, Texture and Lens plugins installed and enabled
  • Text in Word file is formatted in line with docxConverter requirements
  • Dependent files (e.g. images) as separate files
  • Optionally, reference list exported from a reference manager like Zotero, in CSL JSON format
1 Like

Likely this issue: Plugin does not show the conversion option in any workflow tab · Issue #27 · Vitaliy-1/docxToJats · GitHub