XML imported back issue papers impossible to publish

When I import back Issues content to OJS 3.3.0.13 I obtain strange results: Issues appear as expected (with covers) and are… empty. All papers from each issue exist in the system, as submissions in the production stage, however, they are impossible to schedule for publication, and only the “Preview” button is provided in the publication tab.

Hi @TruePepe,

Sounds like perhaps the galleys weren’t being imported? Could you perhaps share a sample of your XML file to see if we can identify something. I noticed this thread too that does point to a similar situation (although a bit of different scenario than yours): Native XML import missing submission files - #5 by asmecher

-Roger
PKP Team

No, galleys import perfectly. Everything imports perfectly. The problem is, that papers stay unpublished after importing (issues are published) and I can’t publish them in the system! All the data is OK. The small issue XML has 10MB, how to send the file to you?

Hi @TruePepe,

Thank you for clarifying. If everything imported fine and it’s not publishing, what might be more helpful in this context, rather than looking at the XML file, is to have a look at your PHP error log: do you see any errors there? Feel free to post them here if you’d like.

-Roger
PKP Team

Well, I have dived into the database, and see that a problem is the submission status. It looks like, contrary to the second version of the OJS system, XML has to set up all important fields in the database…
Pawel

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.