Native XML import missing submission files

I am migrating a journal from one OJS instance to another using the Native XML plugin. Both instances are running 3.1.1-4.

The import is successful, however not all of the submission files appear in the editorial workflow, only the initial submission document and final galley file are retained. The XML files show various documents for each article embedded as base64, but these do not import into the new OJS instance.

I have tried re-uploading the XML in the same journal they came from, but the review and copyediting files still do not upload.

Is this normal for the Native XML plugin to only import the submission and production file, or could there be an issue preventing the other files from importing?

Here is one article’s submission files:
sfajXML

Hi @lmiller4,

The import/export XML is currently not comprehensive – it only imports published content, not content that’s part of the editorial process. There is some discussion of future plans here: Extend native import/export plugin to include additional entities · Issue #3261 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Ah, I see. Thank you for your response!

Hi @asmecher,

The journals I am transferring are on a consortially hosted OJS instance, so if we were to get a copy of all the data we would still need to separate out our journals to host in the separate instance.

Do you have any recommendations for how we would go about parsing just our journals out from those based at other institutions? I was hoping the Native XML plugin would copy all article data, but that is not an option. I’m not the developer on our migration project, so I’m not sure what journal migration looks like on the back end.

I appreciate any advice you have.
Laura

Hi @lmiller4,

If you’re looking to extract a few journals from an existing multi-journal installation, and host them in a new installation, you can…

• Clone the entire installation,
  • Delete the journals you don’t want to maintain from the clone,
  • Delete the journals you do want to maintain from the original,
  • Carry on with the now separated installations.

Of course, you’ll want to make sure you have good backups before making such drastic changes!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

That is helpful. Thank you!