user.authorization.userRequired

Hi all,

I am the user that is having the problem. Here’s what I am doing.

While logged in, I go to:

http://ojs.ung.si/index.php/JSL/submissions

1. Click on “Copyediting” (current status of the submission). I get an “Access denied” pop-up.
  2. I click “OK” on that, and get the following:
    “You do not currently have sufficient privileges to view the submission. Please edit your profile to ensure that you have been granted the appropriate roles under “Register As”.”
  3. I click "OK on that, and get an “undefined” pop-up.

I then click on my user name in the corner to view my profile. The site logs me out (even though I clicked on “keep me logged in”). I log back in.

I click on the “Roles” tab and get ##user.authentication.userRequired##. Actually, this pops up on every tab–it won’t let me view any tabs that I click on. (Interestingly, the tab displayed by default, Identity, is visible, but it disappears if I try to view another tab and then try to click on Identity).

Additional information: I am on Linux Mint, everything up to date, and have verified that this happens in Firefox and in Chrome (the latter is my unmodified browser). I also got this error on an iPad with Safari.

It might be relevant that I am on a slow-ish/high latency satellite connection? FWIW, I was able to set up an account and submit a paper from a different location in the US back in February, and everything seemed to work back then.

I can’t log in from a different location where I am. But let me know what else you need–I can give you more information from the console output.

ETA: actually, when I looked at the site in lynx, I never got to a point where I got any error messages–the relevant portion of the site doesn’t render in a text browser. So I cannot verify whether it’s my location that’s causing the problem. (But in any case, if it is the location, there’s a bug somewhere.)