Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined

Hi @asmecher!
I have this problem in a journal, but another no. When I try to disable the plugin the page broken with this issue too. Have a way to turn off directly in database to solve this error? or manually append the library?

This is the line in code that the error occurs

This article maybe is seems almost the same issue to me or I’m wrong?
att

Hi @Glauco_Roberto_Munsb,

I’d definitely suggest leaving the TinyMCE plugin enabled – OJS currently won’t work without it. Is there a particular reason you were trying to disable it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher, the TinyMCE is enable on database

But a can’t load interface tab

Open your browser console and poke around to see what assets are being requested. Do you see the request for the TinyMCE Javascript? Are you sure it’s being returned OK (e.g. HTTP 200 instead of a 404 or a 401 or similar)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher! Look this image:
200 OK, what’s wrong? :thinking:

That request is fine – look for another for a JS asset that’s needed for the page load. I’ll bet one is missing or being denied for file permissions or something similar.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

no one was denied. All request returns 200 or 300. @asmecher, in OJS instance has two journals, but only one I have this problem.

Can you check that there is an enabled setting in journal_settings for the TinyMCE plugin with a context_id equal to each journal_id in the journals table?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

yep, @asmecher the context_id is 3 and the settings_value is 1 all journals 58.

Were you able to work this out?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, no :weary:

Can you PM me a URL to the journal that encounters the problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi there,

Just a correction on the suggestion @asmecher made:

The table mentioned is actually plugin_settings and not journal_settings, the screenshot Glauco posted below his suggestion represents the columns of plugin_settings. Knowing this information just saved me here, so I thought it would be useful to inform the correct table name.

1 Like