Trasnferring OJS 3 from one server to another

Hi

I have OJS 3 installed on one Cpanel Server online. Want to transfer the whole website to another Web Hosting Cpanel Account .

Please guide as I cant find anything in documentation.

Regards

Hi @a2usmani,

I’v already done a transfer. I simply set up the environment on the new server and then copied the OJS installations (code, files folder, database). Take care that the folder rights don’t change. If the domains change, you have to adapt the config.inc.php.

I first tested the journals on the new server (on my Windows with https://www.thewindowsclub.com/hosts-file-in-windows) and then we switched the IPs. Before copying, I disabled the login for the installations on the old server and closed all sessions.

There’s already information here on this topic, e.g. Recommended strategy to upgrade and migrate to different server - #2 by bozana

best,
Carola

why need close old sessions? what happen if i not have user and password , but i need translate to another hosting?

Lo he realizado este trabajo sin problemas, respalda el sitio completo creas la base de datos y vacía la mismas, descomprime el archivo files y los archivos de ojs con cuidados de mantener el mismo directorio en orden. Debes cuidar de modificar en el archivo config las claves del base de datos y la dirección del archivo files, si trasladas todo debe funcionar bien … luego puedes transferir el dominio