Translation of the author's name

Hi all,

Because some of you are already using the changes from @litvinovg, maybe someone (@litvinovg?) could test and provide a suitable/special upgrade to OJS 3.1.2 for the users already using that changes? – I believe that you have already made some changes in your DB data so that your data will not be compatible for the default OJS 3.1.2 upgrade. – You will somehow have to see to correctly convert all the needed data…

The scripts used in the OJS 3.1.2 upgrade are:

Best,
Bozana

@bozana, i’m sorry for using this words, but can you explain for “idiots” as me, - i need to make 2 files
/dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.2_preupdate_user_author_names.xml
/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php

with this changes, and what i should to make than?

if it’s not a problem, please contact me at fb: Георгий Филипович, and i would test all you will say

Hi @redukr

No, I was just pointing how the upgrade process looks like for OJS 3.1.2 and asking if somebody already using the changes from @litvinovg could adapt the upgrade process, because it will probably not work fully correctly for all of you that are already using that changes…
Thus, I was just pointing that the upgrade to OJS 3.1.2 could then be a little bit different/problematic for all of you…
Unfortunately I can not help much because I do not know how your data in the DB now looks like… Maybe there is someone that could better help…

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana,
I am going to make these scripts in near future and post an instruction how to switch from my changes to stable 3.1.2 branch. Not sure how fast I could find a time to make it, but it is definitely on my to-do list.
BTW, I haven’t seen 3.1.2 release on main site. Is it finally stable or is it still in process of stabilizing and testing?

@bozana Oh, now i understand.
@litvinovg, Спасибо! будем ждать :slight_smile: и тестить :slight_smile:

Hi @litvinovg

Great! Thanks a lot!
The new release 3.1.2 is coming, probably middle of February. Eventually you could already use the current branches stable-3_1_2 – the multi-lingual user name feature, and especially that data in DB and upgrade process, will not change any more…

Thanks a lot!
Bozana

Hi @litvinovg!
Is it possible to implement a multilingual bibliography lists for 3.1.2?

That should be enough for users to get back to official repositories Update to Open Journal System 3.1.2 - About life, computer science and everything

If you want to use multilingual citations you can follow instructions in previous link or this link in russian Обновление Open Journal System 3.1.2 - О жизни, информационных технологиях и всём остальном

@litvinovg добрый вечер! сделал все как в файле, теперь при попытке обновления получаю еррор:

DB Error: Duplicate entry ‘1-uk_UA-givenName-0-0’ for key ‘user_settings_pkey’

@litvinovg good evening! have made all mysql updates from your file, and now receive error while tries to update

После длительных танцов с бубном, удалось дойти до меню обновления. однако при запросе вываливает:

After a long time, now i have ability to go to update section. but now i receive error like this:

error database: Unknown column ‘salutation’ in ‘field list’

and a lot of errors in error.log of nginx:

PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: “GET /index.php/index/$$$call$$$/tab/settings/admin-settings-tab/show-tab?tab=plugins&_=1556049591460 HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:”, host: “uars.info”, referrer: “https://uars.info/index.php/index/admin/settings

and page with plugins is not open.

The message says that you still have salutation field in users table of your database. If you used the file with sql commands then this field should be removed.

1. i have uploaded 3.1.2 data over 3.1.1.2 with your previous modification.
  2. i have switched to “installed = Off”
  3. in database i run all from this file: ojs/multilingual-3.1.1_to_3.1.2.sql at 3.1.2-multilingual · litvinovg/ojs · GitHub

i have compare databases: in old one before applying your patch i have “salutation” between “password” and “first_name”
after applying patch from 3. it is missing

and error appears when i try to update to 3.1.2 running https://uars.info/index.php/index/update

in user section i have normal names:
Given Name Family Name

but in update section somehow it requires deleted row

• error database: Unknown column ‘salutation’ in ‘field list’
    in logs:
    2019/04/23 21:04:47 [error] 28303#28303: *164 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate($request) should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /web/sites/uars4/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 0
    PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
    PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of QuickSubmitPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with Plugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit/QuickSubmitPlugin.inc.php on line 0
    PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of QuickSubmitPlugin::smartyPluginUrl($params, &$smarty) should be compatible with Plugin::smartyPluginUrl($params, $smarty) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit/QuickSubmitPlugin.inc.php on line 0
    PHP message: Unknown column ‘salutation’ in ‘field list’

i have deleted quicksubmit plugin.

PHP message: Unknown column ‘salutation’ in ‘field list’
2019/04/23 21:08:25 [error] 28303#28303: *179 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate($request) should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /web/sites/uars4/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 0” while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.50, server: uars.info, request: “GET /index.php/uars/install HTTP/1.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:”, host: “uars.info”

same problem.

Why are you trying to update it with OJS installer? Just get OJS 3.1.2 code and use it. There is no need to perform update twice with my sql commands and one more time with OJS installer.

if i use only 3 stages from your sql i have ability to click update but then a lot of errors

PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0
PHP message: PHP Notice:  Only variables should be passed by reference in /web/sites/uars4/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 267
PHP message: PHP Notice:  Only variables should be passed by reference in /web/sites/uars4/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 267
2019/04/23 21:19:17 [error] 28301#28301: *245 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of InstallHandler::validate($request) should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /web/sites/uars4/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 0" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.50, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/index/install/upgrade HTTP/1.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info"

And after all that errors:

i try to update with installer because i have a lot of errors.

i can’t download backup via admin-panel, i can’t update plugins via admin panel

PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0

Here the final log. no tries to update via installer. all mysql updates from your file

2019/04/23 21:32:06 [error] 28301#28301: *396 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/uars/$$$call$$$/page/page/tasks?_=1556055128752 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info", referrer: "https://uars.info/index.php/uars/management/settings/website"
2019/04/23 21:32:06 [error] 28301#28301: *396 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/uars/$$$call$$$/grid/notifications/task-notifications-grid/fetch-grid?_=1556055128753 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info", referrer: "https://uars.info/index.php/uars/management/settings/website"
2019/04/23 21:32:07 [error] 28301#28301: *396 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/uars/$$$call$$$/tab/settings/website-settings-tab/show-tab?tab=plugins&_=1556055128754 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info", referrer: "https://uars.info/index.php/uars/management/settings/website"
2019/04/23 21:32:09 [error] 28302#28302: *423 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/uars/$$$call$$$/grid/plugins/plugin-gallery-grid/fetch-grid?_=1556055128756 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info", referrer: "https://uars.info/index.php/uars/management/settings/website"
2019/04/23 21:32:11 [error] 28301#28301: *396 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/uars/$$$call$$$/grid/settings/plugins/settings-plugin-grid/fetch-grid?_=1556055128755 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info", referrer: "https://uars.info/index.php/uars/management/settings/website"
2019/04/23 21:32:17 [error] 28301#28301: *396 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /web/sites/uars4/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.105, server: uars.info, request: "GET /index.php/uars/$$$call$$$/grid/plugins/plugin-gallery-grid/view-plugin?rowId=3&_=1556055128757 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "uars.info", referrer: "https://uars.info/index.php/uars/management/settings/website"

But next question: how to update for example to next version if i can’t use installer?

Hmm. We upgraded recently from 2.4.8. to 3.1.2 - for our multilingual journals, the user family and given names are only in the en_US locale part of the corresponding fields.
Is there a script or SQL command that copies them over to the other locales. The 3.1.2_preupdate_user_author_names.xml did not seem to have helped translation

Essentially I understand that for multilingual journals with very different character sets (western european, arabic, kyrillic) that multi-language fields must be offered. However, if you have, say 4 western european languages only, no user and author will understand why he has to fill out his name 4 times. From a GUI and usability perspective, this is absolute nonsense. At least there should be a process that copies over the field information.