Translation of the author's name

Hi @bozana, @litvinovg,

Thank you SOOO much for all your efforts in making our dreams come true :smiley:

Now when the PRs seem to be merged we have two questions:

1. We would like to test it, but so far we’ve been using setup packages. So would it be enough to just install OJS from the git repository to make this functionality available for testing purposes?
  2. The issue is closed, but hasn’t been scheduled for the OJS 3.2 release (as it seemed to be planned before). May we still hope? :slight_smile:

Hi @Ph_We

Maybe I/we can create a package from the current muster branch for you to work with…
I assigned it to the OJS/OMP 3.2. These changes will surely go to 3.2 i.e. to the first release that will be made from the master branch, which should be 3.2.

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana,

I think, it would be ideal if we could use such a package over, say, the OJS 3.1.1-1 (or OJS 3.1.1-2?). In this case we could test it on a clone with 19 different multilingual journals, which would be a good real-life environment for testing.

Hi @Ph_We

Hmmm… I am not sure I understand :blush: What do you mean?

Thanks!
Bozana

I thought by a package you meant a kind of a patch for the current release. But we would be happy with any package you could give us :crazy_face:

@Ph_We, do you have a possibility and/or would you maybe rather try to use git? – just to check… :slight_smile:

We tried it, but in our case that was equal to installing from git over the instance already installed from packages. And that led to some additional issues, we did not know how to deal with.

I hope to test this with all those 19 journals we already have running. That is why I was so glad when you told me you could make a package from the master branch :slight_smile:

Or would it be easier to fresh install it using git and then to move the journals there?

Hi, @bozana, @litvinovg! Thank you very much for solving this problem tosome extend. I have implemented your changes in the OJS 3.1.0.1 but failed in OJS 3.1.1-2. Could you comfirm that your script can be incormarated in the latest version?

Hi @Santa

The changes were made for the master branch i.e. for the coming OJS 3.2 version/release. Master and ojs-stable-3_1_1 branch differ, and from that time of the implementation till now even more, so there might be conflicts. Thus it might not be easily applied on 3.1.1-2.

Best,
Bozana

Hi @litvinovg Does ajax search in submissions admin page work with your code? Never used it before, but when articles count get larger it could be useful. Maybe need to change lib\pkp\classes\services\queryBuilders\PKPSubmissionListQueryBuilder.inc.php file? This part:

$q->where(function($q) use ($word) {
$q->where(‘au.first_name’, ‘LIKE’, “%{$word}%”);
$q->orWhere(‘au.middle_name’, ‘LIKE’, “%{$word}%”);
$q->orWhere(‘au.last_name’, ‘LIKE’, “%{$word}%”);

It works for me.
Do you use my branches for 3.1.0 or 3.1.1?

3.1.0.1 Which files should I check? I made changes by myself for each file. commit by commit.

@asmecher @bozana is there any roadmap or information about including of this patch to main branch of OJS?

Thanks

AFAIK, it was included in the master branch a few months ago. Now it is included in OJS/OMP 3.1.2: Issues · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Yes that is true – it is coming with the next release 3.1.2. and is currently in both master and stable-3_1_2 branches…

1 Like

Dear all

Thanks for great code
I am using OJS 3.1.0.1 for about 1 year and recently added multi language of @litvinovg code. All things are good but the article title is Array instead of name of the author and article name. See image below:

and also there is an error below of the article detail page:

Are these related?
Whats the solution?

Thanks

Dear @litvinovg

I have enabled multi author language code about 6 months ago on one of my sites. Every thing works find. A couple of fays ago I enable this code on another website. After that, every thing works fine but website setting tabs not load currently:

p1

p2

p3

And also navigation menu and static pages.
Do you have any suggestion? Where may I have done wrong?

Thanks alot

@Frosty sometimes, at my site present same problem of loading content. i reboot PHP service.

Dear @redukr and @Frosty

What errors do you have in your error log?

@MJB, i even don’t look what in the logs. i just restart php5.6-fpm, and all are works great again