The current role does not have access to this operation

Hi all,
i just installed the newest version of OJS (ver 3.0.2.0). But the this message come out

What should I do with this issue?

There was a similar (unresolved) report of this issue here:

This is a fresh installation, not and upgrade, correct? Can you walk us through any steps you took between completing the installation and this error?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, this is a fresh installation.

The steps are:

1. Finish installation.
  2. Login with user name in installation form.
  3. Create journal.
  4. Journal can be made, but I cannot access the setting wizard.
  5. The message come out.

Thanks.

Does anything display in your PHP error log, especially around the time of the site installation or journal creation?

What username did you select for the administrator? Is it unusual in any way?

PHP error log in my xampp is empty. I use admin as my username, and there’s
no error notification when i installed it.
thanks

I faced same problem, admin can’t access (Setting Wizard) and also other error in theme and header, But my problem started when I installed OJS on local server, I got this error but I ignored it and continued installing:

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\plugins\blocks\developedBy\DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\plugins\blocks\developedBy\DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\plugins\blocks\developedBy\DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 20

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method Version::fromString() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\site\VersionCheck.inc.php on line 115

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\form\Form.inc.php on line 351

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582

I think you got same error when you installed OJS.

By the way, when I installed OJS on real host (godaddy) it works properly without any errors and admin can access to (Setting Wizard)

in local server I’m using:
PHP Version 5.6.28
mysql 15.1 Distrib 10.1.19-MariaDB,
Apache/2.4.23

In hosting (godaddy):
PHP 5.4
MySql 5.6.33-cll-lve - MySQL Community Server

I think the reason for this error is MariaDB!!

Thanks for your input. I’ll try to discuss this issue with the programmer, since i dont have access to web hosting. I just download the latest version of xampp and follow the instruction.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

Regarding the warning messages quoted above: these are all cosmetic, and can be suppressed by turning off Strict Mode error reporting in your PHP configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Is these issues related?