[SOLVED] Author Copyedit file cannot download by Copy Editor User

I have problem when on step Editing, Author Copyedit file cannot download original file (file become .html) by Copy Editor User. But when login as editor user, file can downloaded properly (.docx). Any something I miss it ?

25443 Editing

System Information
OJS 2.4.8.1

Hi @andrewdion04,

The problem could be that the file is at the Author Copyediting stage and so the Copyeditor doesn’t gain access to the file until the Author has completed their copyediting. This post addresses a similar issue, although the file was showing as “none” for them. What happens when the author tries to download the file? Does it open in the right format?

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

“What happens when the author tries to download the file? Does it open in the right format?”
Author can download the file, and its correct format (.docx)

Hi @andrewdion04,

If the author can download the file and copyeditor cannot (and if the submission is at the Author Copyediting stage), then probably what I suggested in my previous reply is true - the copyeditor will not be able to download the file until the author has completed their copyediting. Let me know if the problem persists after the author has completed copyediting.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

thanks, problem solve. Author Copyediting not complete the stage.

I have exactly the same problem, but although the author has finished (complete) copyediting, copyeditor cannot download Author Copyedit file.
Clip_3

Hi @dekanski,

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on here. What happens when the Copyeditor tries to download the file from step 2? Do they get an error message? It looks like step 3 has already been marked as complete, so maybe OJS thinks the Copyeditor already has the file from step 2. When you look at the submission history, which steps are showing as being completed? Can you post a screenshot of the submission history?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

Nothing happens! Only the screen makes one flash
Editor is able to download file!

Hi, we are seeing the same problem in version Ojs 2.4.8-3 - how was this solved?

Also having this issue, all phases in steps 1 and 2 are completed but the copyeditor can’t download file.

Hi @jose.galeano,

Are you using the same version of OJS as the users above? How long has this issue been occurring?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.