Reviewer invitation email - username blank, and points to 404 page

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
The invitation email for reviewers that is populated and sent by OJS no longer has the username filled in, and goes to a blank page: https://veterinaryevidence.org/index.php/ve/reviewer

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
This was reported by our editorial staff, who inform me that they went through the usual steps to generate and send out a reviewer invitation email.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
Discussed with our editors and looked in these forums, but couldn’t find anything specific.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.1.2.1

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

An extract from the email that the reviewer is sent:

To accept or decline the invitation to review please:

1) Log in to the active submissions' site: https://veterinaryevidence.org/index.php/ve/reviewer
2) Click on the submission title in question
3) Follow Step 1 of the Reviewer Steps to indicate whether or not you will undertake the review
Username - {$reviewerUsername}

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Ant_Forshaw,

Go to Settings > Workflow > Emails and check if something is missing from the email template.

Best regards,
Josh Noronha (he/him)
Systems Administrator
PKP|PS Support Team

Subscribe to the PS Bulletin for quarterly updates on
PKP software, support, and community events

Hi @jnoronha , thanks for getting back to me.

I have checked the email template but can’t see any significant differences compared to similar email templates.

The content of the email in question is:

Dear {$reviewerName},

The editors and I were wondering if you would be interested in reviewing the paper '{$submissionTitle}', which has been submitted to the {$contextName} journal.

The submission's abstract is inserted below. 

To accept or decline the invitation to review please:

1) Log in to the active submissions' site: https://veterinaryevidence.org/index.php/ve/reviewer
2) Click on the submission title in question
3) Follow Step 1 of the Reviewer Steps to indicate whether or not you will undertake the review

Username - {$reviewerUsername}

Did you know that reviewing for Veterinary Evidence counts towards your CPD? Not only this, but you’ll be helping to increase the evidence-base within your area of expertise, as well as improving your own critical evaluation skills.

Veterinary Evidence is an open access journal owned and published by RCVS Knowledge. It is our aim to provide VNs, vets and paraprofessionals with easy access to the evidence to help reinforce or inform clinical decisions made in everyday practice. It is free to read and has no publication fees. For more information please read our Guidelines for reviewers.

We would greatly appreciate your time and expertise in reviewing this paper.

This publisher has a policy for disclosure of potential conflicting interests from its reviewers. Please take a moment to review this policy and let us know if you have a potential conflict of interest.

Please let me know if you have any queries whatsoever.

I look forward to hearing from you.

"{$submissionTitle}"

{$abstractTermIfEnabled}
{$submissionAbstract}

All the best,

{$editorialContactSignature}

Hi @Ant_Forshaw,

Bellow is the default article review request email template, please make a test using it to see how it behaves:

Subject: Article Review Request

To: Reviewer

{$reviewerName}:

I believe that you would serve as an excellent reviewer of the manuscript, “{$submissionTitle},” which has been submitted to {$contextName}. The submission’s abstract is inserted below, and I hope that you will consider undertaking this important task for us.

Please log into the journal web site by {$responseDueDate} to indicate whether you will undertake the review or not, as well as to access the submission and to record your review and recommendation.

The review itself is due {$reviewDueDate}.

Submission URL: {$submissionReviewUrl}

Thank you for considering this request.

{$editorialContactSignature}

“{$submissionTitle}”

{$abstractTermIfEnabled}
{$submissionAbstract}

Best,
Josh

Thanks @jnoronha - The submissionReviewUrl marker was the culprit I think. Our email template had been modified to point at a nonexistant page so I’ve changed it back and asked our editors to check that for me.