Registration on LOCKSS with PKP PLN Plugin

Hi @mjordan

We have an installation of 2.4.6. PLN plugin is enabled, Jurnal identifier is set in the plugin’s setting, terms of use agreed. However deposit table in status page is empty and we get:
“Network Status: The PKP PLN is not currently accepting deposits”

This is while we have many articles published. Is it just the version of our system which is behind? Isn’t there any way to activate this plugin without the need to upgrade. The reason is that we are waiting for version 3.0.0 to be released in order to avoid two upgrades.

I have also copied Archive/Tar.php into plugins/generic/pln/lib if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
Ghazal

Hello @salehig

There were some important changes to the plugin and to the staging server with version 2.4.8. Unfortunately those changes aren’t backward compatible. The PLN plugin really does require OJS 2.4.8.

Copying the file there won’t make a difference, as the plugin doesn’t look there for Archive_Tar. That library requires some functionality from other PEAR libraries, and will only work if it’s in the correct location as installed by PEAR.

Hi @mjoyce,

Thanks for your reply. We can also see our journal’s contents in [base_url]/gateway/lockss with the LOCKS logo at the bottom of the page. Doesn’t that mean our journal is harvested by LOCKSS properly?
Our journal’s url is https://www.crimejusticejournal.com/ if needed.

Thanks
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

There are two unrelated LOCKSS plugins, the one for the PKP PLN (which @mjoyce has responded about) and the one that uses the path [base_url]/gateway/lockss and shows the LOCKSS logo. Unless you have made arrangements to be harvested by another LOCKSS network (and I am assuming you haven’t), you can completely ignore the second one. Let’s try to get your journal into the PKP PLN.

But, if you have made arrangement to be harvested into another LOCKSS network, let me know.

Mark

Hello.
After two months from PKP PLN Plugin activation this is the status of my journal:

From Complete column I see Yes (that seems good) for all issues but Local Status and Processing Status columns are “unknown”.
Can I consider our PLN journals registration state definitively completed?

Thank you.
Enzo

Hello @Enzo

It looks good to me. You’ve got a lot of journals - which one is this? I’ll double check that everything is good.

Yes. Our journals are:

• Farmeconomia. Health economics and therapeutic pathways
  • Clinical Management Issues
  • Pratica Medica & Aspetti Legali
  • Reviews in Health Care

The screenshot was for Reviews in Health Care but we need to know if all journals are registrered.

Thank you very much,
Enzo

• Farmeconomia has 147 deposits - they all look good.
  • Clinical Management Issues - 195 deposits.
  • Practica Medica - 106 deposits
  • Reviews in health care - 54 deposits. Deposits from issue 6 are showing errors. I won’t be able to look into them in any detail until tomorrow.

Thank’s. Each deposit is an issue or an article? From PKP PLN Plugin - Status page of Farmeconomia (e.g.,) I see 74 items while you talk about 147 deposits: this means that each deposit is an article and not all of them are deposited. Is it?
I’ll wait some more information about issue 6 showing errors so I’ll try to reset it. While for the articles still not deposited I thing my only choise is to wait.

Thank you.
Enzo

Each issue is one deposit. If you’ve made changes to an issue, then it will be deposited again. If you reset a deposit, it will be sent again. So it makes sense that there are more deposits than there are issues.

Regarding Reviews in health care Volume 6 (I was wrong when I said issue 6 above), all four issues are showing errors:

• They are very small files, around 6 or 7 kb. Most of your other deposits are much larger, around 1Mb or more.
  • The URLs for those deposits don’t look like the URLs for the other, successful, deposits.

Please reset the failed deposits - I’ll keep an eye out for them.

Hi,
Unfortunately, from PKP PLN Plugin - Status page I can’t see which issues are you
talking about: the only information I can get is the deposit ID (I don’t know the connection between deposit ID and number of Issue). Anyway I tried to reset the last 4 Issues in the list (ID 185,186, 187 and 188).
Thank you for your help.

Enzo

Hi I’m journal editor of OBS Observatorio http://obs.obercom.pt/index.php/obs/ I have followed all steps and the status states “Network Status: The PKP PLN can accept deposits from this journal.” but all other information is blank (namely ID Type Checked Local Status Processing Status LOCKSS Status Complete SHOW INFORMATION “None”).
Our identifier is DF9562D6-FFFF-4AFF-A7AF-6692B14
Could you please let us know if any of our issues (dating back to 2007) is already archived under the PLN?
Thanks
Gustavo

Hello @obsjournal.

It looks like the staging server is getting mixed information from your journal. Sometimes it’s reporting the URL as http://obs.obercom.pt/index.php/obs/ and sometimes as http://www.obs.obercom.pt/index.php/obs/

None of your issues have been harvested.

I think @ctgraham had a similar issue a while ago. Perhaps he can describe how he solved the problem.

I don’t think this is avoidable with an acron setup, unless there is a recent patch I missed.

The acron plugin will run as whatever URL the browser is using for access, and thus the base_url will vary.

In my case, the base url was malformed because OJS wasn’t picking up the correct base url from cron runs. This was resolved by the following change in my instance:

It would not apply to acron runs.

@mjoyce, if the PLN depends on a unique canonical URL, we’ll probably need to add that disambiguation to the plugin, similar to what we did for the usageEvents plugin:

Alternately, could the PLN accept whatever URL it is offered, and disambiguate by the Journal UUID?

HI @mjoyce,

Can you confirm me if our PKP PLN LOCKSS process was completed?

Thank you very much in advance.

Adri

Hello @ada504

To do that, I’ll need either your journal URL or your UUID from the PLN Settings page.

Hi Michael,

The UUID is D9C004F7-5791-48B0-9438-656AB383A97F

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Adriana

Hi @ada504

We haven’t been able to download your content. When our system tries to fetch a deposit from your server it responds with HTTP 500, Internal Server Error.

Here’s an example URL for a deposit: http://journalhealthsciences.com/index.php/UDES/pln/deposits/BF6147DA-66F8-489A-A8AA-6AE0B23C65A8

I suspect there’s a permissions problem or something like it with your server, but there’s no way for me to be sure. Your web server’s error logs should be able to tell you something useful to fix it.

Hi @mjoyce

The error log shows that:
29-Aug-2016 12:51:53 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in /home/jourgeje/public_html/plugins/generic/pln/pages/PLNHandler.inc.php on line 66

The line 66 looks like that:
`
return $fileManager->downloadFile($depositBag, mime_content_type($depositBag), TRUE);
}

What should I do?

Thanks,

Adriana
`