Proxy Error message when collecting ORCID Author ID

Hi,

I have successfully set the ORCID Profile Plugin. The problem came when the author received the ORCID Collect Author ID automatic email. A Proxy Error message appeared when she tried clicked in the authorization link so as the journal as access to her ORCID ID in order to show it on the journal page when publishing her article on OJS.

I checked the links in the email template, but they were all good. I also checked the other possible explanations of this issue presented on the Troubleshooting PKP page without finding a problem. (Troubleshooting the ORCID Plugin for OJS and OPS).

I use 3.1.2.4 OJS version.

Could someone give me a hand to resolve this Proxy Error message? Thank you!

Hi @sips,

What version of the ORCID plugin are you running?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your response.

As for your question, I don’t know. How could I find out?

Thank you

Hi @sips,

You can check it by going to Website → Plugin → Plugin Gallery and then click on the plugin and you should see something like this that indicates the version number:

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 12.05.41 PM

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,

I have a problem loading the Plugin Gallery. Actually, I never have been able to see it! It is stuck for minutes…

Capture d’écran, le 2021-11-16 à 11.41.12

Hi @sips,

Hmm… Perhaps try clearing the template and data cache and see if that works? That’s worked for me before. There is also a potential solution discussed here: Plugin Gallery keeps loading but nothing shown - #10 by bluecover

Best ,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,

Thank you for this information about the discussion!

Our OJS administrator was able to solve the technical problem. Indeed, the wheel of the Plugin Gallery stopped turning infinitely. Moreover, the Proxy Error is gone and authors were able to validate their ORCID ID in order to connect with the journal.

Best,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.