Problem with Classic Theme and OJS 3.2

After upgrade to OJS 3.2 with the theme classic, an upgrade ago de theme, I have a couple of problems, but when I switch to default theme everything works fine

The first one is in the article page that stop rendering at the end of the page when they show other articles from the same author and displythis error

Warning : Zend OPcache API is restricted by “restrict_api” configuration directive in /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php on line 59

The second one is with the pdf vieiwr, when I try ti read one pdf, itdoesn’t appear and show this error

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getData() on null in /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/cache/t_compile/99c8119641c8b66505bcc40a18c71f8cd78c01e4^504348cc7222e1110a6019067f9a002726c02324_0.plugins-plugins-generic-pdfJsViewer-generic-pdfJsViewer.display.tpl.php:60 Stack trace: #0 /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_5e6a71d7f19f32_41570005(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #1 /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #2 /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #3 /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(385): Smarty_Internal_Template->render() #4 /home/revi in /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/cache/t_compile/99c8119641c8b66505bcc40a18c71f8cd78c01e4^504348cc7222e1110a6019067f9a002726c02324_0.plugins-plugins-generic-pdfJsViewer-generic-pdfJsViewer.display.tpl.php on line 60

Any one has a clue about what could happened?

Thanks

Nacho

Hi @nacho,

This warning:

Warning : Zend OPcache API is restricted by “restrict_api” configuration directive in /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php on line 59

…is caused by your server having disabled the opcache_invalidate function. I’m not 100% sure but I believe your system should work fine – it’s just a courtesy call to the opcode cache when one of the OJS caches needs flushing.

As for the second error:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getData() on null in /home/revistasmarcialpons/www/cache/t_compile/99c8119641c8b66505bcc40a18c71f8cd78c01e4^504348cc7222e1110a6019067f9a002726c02324_0.plugins-plugins-generic-pdfJsViewer-generic-pdfJsViewer.display.tpl.php:60

This looks to me like a data problem. Can you describe this submission in more detail? Was this a submisison created and/or published using a prior release of OJS, or did it start with OJS 3.2.0? That is to say, where in the submission’s publishing lifecycle did the upgrade happen?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

The thing is that bellow this error comes the most read articles from this author and the title of the article doesn’t render. Also I jus have noticed that the language menu to chain from one to an other doesn’t work

The articles where submitted in the 3.1 ojs version and when we mede the upgrade all the articles had finished the proccess

Thanks a lot

Hi @nacho,

You can prevent that warning from causing problems by directing all warnings/errors to the log file rather than the browser. This is recommended PHP configuration in any case.

Can you verify your database’s version number? You can find that by following either “From the command line” or “From the database” directions here: How do I determine my PKP software's version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Currently we have 3.2.0.0 and previously we had 3.1.2.1

Regards,
Nacho

Hi @nacho,

Yes, but I’m interested specifically in the database version number, which may not be the same as the code. See the link above for how to get that specifically.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher I have 3.2.0.0

Code version: 3.2.0.0
Database version: 3.2.0.0
Latest version: 3.2.0.0

Regards
Nacho

Hi @asmecher In an other journal in the same platform I have the same pdf problem, (if I enable the classic theme the pdf doesn’t load up but If I enable the default theme I can) In this case all the article were up loaded in the last versión.

Regards
Nacho

Hi @nacho,

Would you be willing to privately send me a copy of your database dump and files directory (files_dir in config.inc.php)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher after upgrade to OJS 3.0.2.1 and also the new version of the classic theme has been solve

Thanks
Nacho

1 Like