Problem publishing OJS 3.3.0.0

Hi. We have a multijournal site (OJS 3.3.0.0) and we are experimenting problems by publishing new issues in one of our journals. When I click the button “Ok” in the tab Publish Issue, it keeps loading and never finish the process.
problema
Here is my error log:

2021/10/29 10:53:43 [error] 1267#1267: *3774512 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPublished() on null in /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/classes/controllers/grid/issues/IssueGridHandler.inc.php:440
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): IssueGridHandler->publishIssue()
#1 /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest()
#2 /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPComponentRouter->route()
#3 /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(364): Dispatcher->dispatch()
#4 /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/revistas.psi.unc.edu.ar/revistas/classes/controllers/grid/issues/IssueGridHandler.inc.php on line 440" while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.16.16.198, server: revistas.unc.edu.ar, request: "GET /index.php/revistaEF/$$$call$$$/grid/issues/future-issue-grid/publish-issue HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock:", host: "revistas.unc.edu.ar"

Recently we have upgrade from 3.2.1.2 version.
I did not find anything related in the forum. Does someone know which can be the problem?

Steps to replicate my problem:

• Go to “Issues”
  • Then “Future issues”
  • Select an issue and click “Publish issue”
  • Press “Ok”

Any help will be really appreaciated!

1 Like

What is the length of the issue you want to publish? I have the same problem with an issue with 66 articles.

1 Like

I ´ve upgraded to 3.3.0-6 and the problem remains. Can someone help?

I have the same problem, when I publish a new issue the loading is not finishing and one article is published.Can you help @asmecher or another person who has a solution? thanks!

Hi @cimqusef. In our case, we solved the problem by deleting the issue and creating another one. Something was broken. Remember to delete cache. Hope it helps

We experienced the same problem with both OJS and OMP when we were trying to upload galleys and pdf files of monographs for publishing. The system would load forever until we ended up clicking cancel. However, after cancelling then the pdf file or galley I was trying to upload was would be uploaded. All of this started after we had upgraded to a newer version.