Problem after upgrading to OJS 3.2.0-1 Author missing from submission

After updating OJS 3.2.0-1 an authors name is missing from a submission, not sure the best way to fix this as it currently has no author. please help

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

What does your database version report? (You can determine this by following the “From The Database” instructions at How do I determine my PKP software's version?, or using the php tools/upgrade.php check command.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

not sure by what my database version is. Is the below useful?

Server Information

Setting Name Setting Value
OS platform Linux
PHP version 7.2.28
Apache version Apache
Database driver mysqli
Database server version 10.2.31-MariaDB

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

No, that’s not the same thing; can you follow the directions I linked above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

when I run the SQL query I get

Currently I get an error when I load the terminal from the cpanel on the web host. so have not been able to use tools/upgrade.php

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

Thanks, that helps. Would you be willing to privately send me a database dump and the submission’s ID or title? I’d like to see what the data looks like for that submission.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

yes, I am happy with that, how do I do a database dump? Also when you view a submission the screen comes up with a few lines of code before automatically go to the specific submission. see attached image 43%20AM%201

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

Can you check your PHP error log and browser console? I suspect there’s an error message in one or both places.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

there are a number of errors in the error log…

what is the best way to send the log file as it is too large to copy and paste into here?

thanks

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

Rather than sending the file, just look for entries that appear when you load that problem page. Look for something containing the word Error; warnings can typically be ignored.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

[01-Apr-2020 09:30:15 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPublished() on null in /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php:278
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/plugins/generic/recommendByAuthor/RecommendByAuthorPlugin.inc.php(137): ArticleSearch->formatResults(Array)
#1 /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): RecommendByAuthorPlugin->callbackTemplateArticlePageFooter(‘Templates::Arti…’, Array)
#2 /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1237): HookRegistry::call(‘Templates::Arti…’, Array)
#3 /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/cache/t_compile/42362804174f266c598cdb32c3208fc745b92101^1c372c95cd85572e0fbc9a53d0323a0b229cfc78_0.app.frontendpagesarticle.tpl.php(43): PKPTemplateManager->smartyCallHook(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#4 /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_5e7bda89137b in /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php on line 278

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

That appears to be an error in the “recommend by author” plugin; there is a similar issue filed here: Fatal error in RecommendByAuthor plugin · Issue #5683 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

I’d recommend disabling that plugin to see if it changes the system’s behaviour.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

done that, still, get the “Published Scheduled Declined” error screen, any idea what this may be?

I ended up just manually added an author to the submission that was missing the name.

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

Were you able to find anything in your web browser’s error console?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi @asmecher

yes, seems to babe an error with TinyMCE plugin

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (skin.min.css.map, line 0)

tinymce.min.js?v=3.2.0.1:2 Uncaught Error: Node cannot be null or undefined
at Object.ir [as fromDom] (tinymce.min.js?v=3.2.0.1:2)
at Zg (tinymce.min.js?v=3.2.0.1:2)
at tinymce.min.js?v=3.2.0.1:2
at tinymce.min.js?v=3.2.0.1:2

also some more errors in the error_log file today

01-Apr-2020 16:11:30 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function saveXml() on null in /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/classes/plugins/PubObjectsExportPlugin.inc.php:372

[01-Apr-2020 15:06:25 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DB Error: MySQL server has gone away Query: UPDATE sessions
SET
user_id = ?,
ip_address = ?,
user_agent = ?,
created = ?,
last_used = ?,
remember = ?,
data = ?,
domain = ?
WHERE session_id = ? in /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:703

and

[01-Apr-2020 09:52:10 Australia/Melbourne] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPublished() on null in /home/ideapel6/public_html/journal/classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php:278

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

For the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function saveXml() on null

…run the queries in this comment: OJS 3.2.0 - OAI ListRecords causes PHP Fatal Error · Issue #5573 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

The error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DB Error: MySQL server has gone away

…is related to your MySQL server, so you might find information about that at StackOverflow.com.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

thanks for those links

any idea about the TinyMCE errors above?

Hi @Ant_Pelosi,

There are one or two things that may have resolved this in the more recent releases of OJS; if you’re able to try a code update to the recently-released OJS 3.2.0-3, it may resolve the TinyMCE messages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank for that, I will have a look…