Orcid Plugin Error

Good day,

I am running OJS 3.3.0.7 multi Journal site on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Recently when clicking on the Register button on the OJS landing page, not in a specific journal, I get the following error
"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php:357\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php(315): OrcidProfilePlugin->buildOAuthUrl()\n#1 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_runtime_filterhandler.php(63): OrcidProfilePlugin->registrationFilter()\n#2 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(231): Smarty_Internal_Runtime_FilterHandler->runFilter()\n#3 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render()\n#4 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(134): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute()\n#5 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1187): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->display()\n#6 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php(19 in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php on line 357

I upgraded the orcid plugin to orcidProfile-v1_1_3-2 but that did not solve the issue. I have also upgraded to OJS 3.3.0.11 but also did not seem to solve the issue.

When I click on Register from within a specific Journal it works fine, and I can connect with the Orcid ID.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Daan

Hi Daan,

The ORCID plugin cannot be used in a site context. You’ll need to disable it on your index registration page. I think this is fixed in newer versions of OJS in that it can’t be enabled that way any more.

Best
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it.

Best
Daan

Hi Jason, thanks for your response. I am facing the same issue on 3.3.0.13 as there is no user-friendly response mentioning that ORCID can’t be used on site context. Can you please explain how to disable it for the site context? or how to disable it on the index registration page? Thanks again.

Hi @deepak.kikan

To disable it, you’ll need direct access to your database. The plugin_settings table will have an entry for the plugin, for the setting_name of enabled where the context_id is 0. This record needs to be deleted.

Best
Jason

1 Like

Many thanks Jason for your response and the details. Appreciate.

1 Like