OMP site index redirects to login page

Hi,

On OMP 3.1.1.0, with two enabled presses and no redirect chosen (verified in the db), requests to the OMP root does not take the user to the site index, but instead redirects to the login page of the site.

I have checked similar threads (OJS Keep Redirect to Login Page when using chrome - #2 by asmecher, OJS system redirects to the login page), tried the suggested actions, cleared cookies, and used different browsers, etc., but nothing helps.

Any ideas on how to narrow the problem down?

Hi @martinpub,
You may have a similar problem that one of our authors managed to solve. The description is at https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/new-submission-and-login-window/40718

Kind regards,
Jože

Hi @martinpub,

You may have a similar problem that one of our authors managed to solve. The description is at https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/new-submission-and-login-window/40718

Kind regards,

Jože

Thanks @aas, but changing to session_check_ip = Off does not solve the issue. Any other ideas? Someone?

Hi @martinpub,

OMP, unlike OJS, doesn’t have a site index page that lists all available presses.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Oh, that explains it. Thanks @asmecher for the clarification!

Why? Why? Why? (needed 20 chars)

Hi @ajnyga,

Essentially, we have a bunch of use cases for OJS where individual journals would be sensibly listed together (e.g. a small publisher with several titles, or an institutional host wanting to publicize the journals published there). For presses the use case wasn’t as clear to us.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

would you consider a pr that introduced a site level index for OMP?

Hi @ajnyga,

Yes – but I think it would be best introduced as a feature that could be disabled, and placed in pkp-lib rather than just OMP. I suspect it might also be useful for a small percentage of OJS users who don’t want a site-wide homepage. This would make the distinction between OJS and OMP essentially a default setting and remove the coding differences.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I think that OJS now handles this

1. if only one journal, automatic redirect from index to journal
  2. if more than one journal index shows journal listing, but you can do a redirect from index to a specific journal from Administration > Site setup.

Would that be a good combo for OMP as well?

Hi @ajnyga,

Ah, yes, that should work just fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

ok, we are preparing a project where we plan to use OMP. This is not a high priority for me right now, but I am basically finding out issues we would need to solve with OMP before we can use it. This is one of them and the other is chapter landing pages that has been discussed in github.

So probably I will have something ready later this year.

1 Like