OMP DOI plugin - How to export crossref XML?

Hi,

I’m using OMP 3.1.0.0.
I can’t find where export crossref XML.
I’m OJS this option is available in tools / importexport / CrossRef XML Export Plugin

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira.

2 Likes

Hi @Tarcisio_Pereira,

As far as I know there is no CrossRef plugin for the OMP. You have to produce the XML manually.

Regards, Primož

1 Like

@primozs

Thank you.

Tarcisio Pereira.

As far as I know, CrossRef XML Export Plugin is not available in OMP 3.2.
Is there an option to export XML of any kind to upload it to CrossRef page or we still have to write all metadata of the book to CrossRef DOI webDeposit form?
Kind regards.
M. Rudolf

The export plugins available, i.e. the native xml export and the ONIX export (if I’m not mistaken), do not seem to be very helpful in this regard. The structure that comes out looks quite different to the Crossref xml. So, no I don’t think there are any options to either using the web deposit form or writing the xml manually.

I would be interested to know if anyone knows of a quick way to write up the xml-files. When submitting chapters it can take a while. I’ve used Visual Studio to do this and it’s slightly faster for me than using the web deposit form, but still kind of slow.

All the best
Magnus

I am working on a simple OMP Crossref export plugin. Should be ready in April and will of course release it in Github. We are building a monograph version of journal.fi, so I need it there.

3 Likes

@ajnyga is there any news for plugin

1 Like

Any news on this automatic DOI generation plugin for OMP?

I forked the Datacite plugin from Dulip and made a version for Crossref. It does not include automatic registration but has worked for us so far. Can not promise much support for that. I am waiting for the new DOI stuff PKP is preparing and will build a better one once they are ready.

Other plugins you might be interested in GitHub - ajnyga/quickSubmit at omp (just for OMP 3.2 at the moment)

And GitHub - ajnyga/autoApprovePublicationFormats if you are tired of clicking those publication format boxes green.

2 Likes

Hi @ajnyga,

Should crossref plugin folder be unzipped in Plugins / ImportExport?

Section plugins does not load when I unzip folder

¿Cómo puedo generar el XML manualmente para enviarlo a Crossref? Tengo un OMP 3.1.2.1
Muchas gracias, saludos.
Elena Cruz.

Hi @Elena_Najera, see this previous post on this thread, I understand that the plugin mentioned can be installed on OMP 3+ and used to export a valid crossref xml and upload it on web deposit form.
@ajnyga, can you confirm that?
Best regards
Stefano

1 Like

Hi,

The Crossref plugin I made for OMP only works for OMP 3.2 at the moment.

It uses the Crossref API meaning that once installed, you can directly deposit DOIs using it (no need to upload any files).

1 Like

Hi @ajnyga,

do you know if there will be an official CrossRef XML export plugin for OMP 3.4?

Hi
Is there any news about CrossRef XML export plugin for OMP 3.4? @ajnyga do you know what the prognosis is?

@ajnyga: Does your CrossRef XML plugin works at version 3.3.0.12?

1 Like

sorry not yet, but probably soon

1 Like

I do not think there is anything official coming out for 3.4

There is a more recent version of my plugin that should work with OMP 3.3.0:

The old OMP 3.2.1 compatible version is here: GitHub - ajnyga/datacite at crossref-3-2-1

4 Likes

Hi @ajnyga
I have an OMP 3.3.8 installation waiting for the update of your plugin. I will test it in the upcoming days, and share the results.
Thank you very much for this valuable sharing.
Uğur Koçak