OMP doesn't load properly

Hi @shamae_507,

To create a phpinfo script, edit a file called e.g. test.php in your server’s webroot. In it, put…

<?php phpinfo();

…then it’s probably best to PM me the link to that. It won’t expose anything too critical, but it does provide a detailed inventory of your PHP configuration.

For file permissions, see this FAQ entry.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher . I’ll pm you the link.

Hi @shamae_507,

Hmm, that error message in password.php still isn’t making any sense to me – but did you have any luck looking into file permissions in the cache subdirectory (and its subdirectories)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher. Yes, this is the file permissions right?

Hi @shamae_507,

That depends on how your server runs PHP scripts (the SAPI). Have a look at the FAQ entry for details on that.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher. The Server API that my server uses is CGI/FastCGI. I tried to set the permissions to 755, 750, but still the page doesn’t load properly.

Hi @shamae_507,

What does the file ownership look like for files created by PHP?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, all the file permissions are set to 755.

By the way, I tried installing other versions, the only version that loads the page properly is OMP 1.0. But the problem is I can’t create press, it just loads…

I checked the error log and it says…

[08-Feb-2017 20:03:45 America/Denver] omp has produced an error
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘em’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
In file: /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp4/lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/HTMLDefinition.php
At line: 324
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.6.29
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘strong’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
In file: /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp4/lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/HTMLDefinition.php
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘cite’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘code’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘ul’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘ol’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘li’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘dl’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘dt’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘dd’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘b’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘i’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘u’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘sup’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘sub’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘br’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘p’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.

Hi @shamae_507,

Could you stick with OMP 1.2? It’s hard to know what you’re working with if you change versions. Are those log entries from OMP 1.2?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oh sorry @asmecher, I just tried installing other versions but I didn’t delete files of OMP 1.2. No, the log files are from OMP 1.0.

The error log from OMP 1.2 is this:
[08-Feb-2017 17:49:37] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp1.2/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php on line 10

@iqfvp reported an identical error message in OJS here:

The resolution was reported as “updating my server’s php”, but it seems like the “updated to” version was pre-5.6.

Hi @shamae_507,

Can you try running on the command line on your server…

php -l ./lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

Hi @shamae_507,

Did you try running this file through php -l on the command line as I suggested above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, can you give me directions on how will I run the file in php -l ? I don’t know if what I’m trying to do is right. Getting Started with Linux Commands - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Hi @shamae_507,

Do you have ssh access to your server?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, Yes, SSH access in the server is enabled.

If you have SSH access, you can open a shell on the server, then run the command line @asmecher suggested earlier.

You will either need to change to the directory where your OJS installation is, e.g.:

cd ~/public_html/ojs
php -l ./lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php

or specific the full path to that file, e.g.:

php -l /var/www/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php

(Your actual filesystem paths will vary.)

Hi @ctgraham , I already tried to run the command line…

The file path you specify above (/home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php) is not exactly the file path previously reported in the error log (/home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp1.2/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php). Is that intentional?

It is also technically possible for the PHP version from the command line to be different than the PHP version running from your webserver. This is unlikely, but just to rule it out, can you also run php -v from the command line?