OMP doesn't load properly

Hi @ctgraham, the file path is /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php. I dunno why in the error log the error that is reported is [08-Feb-2017 17:49:37] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp1.2/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php on line 10

I tried running php -v, Here…

So, we know that your command line PHP is version 5.6.29 and that it parses the password.php file correctly. We have a webserver log message from PHP 5.6.29 which indicates that the password.php file is malformed. The filesystem locations are different between the command line and the webserver log.

Do you have two folders under /public_html/po/ in your home directory (one “omp”, and one “omp1.2”)? If you try accessing OMP on the web, does the error message still reference “public_html/po/omp1.2/”?

Hi @ctgraham, the only folder that I have in my home directory is OMP. Yes, the error message still says OMP1.2.

OJS is also installed in our server, it has no problem. I don’t know why OMP doesn’t function well.

Hello @ctgraham

I tried installing OMP 1.2 again and I can’t find any error log in the directory. I’am the one who is tasked to install OMP in our server but I’m not a developer so I don’t have any idea on how to fix it, I can’t figure out what should I do next.

I already contacted Bluehost if OMP is compatible in their server and they told me that it is compatible. I even tried installing OMP in different local host servers, free hosting sites but I’m having different errors.

It might be helpful if you could describe your steps for installing OMP. The more detail the better.

Can you take a screenshot of your file structure under “public_html” in your home directory?

Hi @ctgraham, Here are the steps on how I install OMP.

1. Download OMP tar.gz
  2. Set up the database
  3. Upload OMP in the public_html
  4. Extract the file
  5. Create folder(where to store uploaded files) in home directory
  6. Open OMP Installation in browser.
  7. Set up.

And here is the screenshot…

Thank you.

I’m not seeing the OMP files and directories in this screenshot. I would expect to see directories like “classes”, “pages”, and “templates”.

It looks like there may be one or more wordpress installs on this system in the public_html and po directories. Is that the case?

Is OJS installed in the ejournals directory?

Hi @ctgraham, there are 2 wordpress installed. One in public_html, one in PO.

Yes, OJS is installed in ejournal.

This is the screenshot for ompfiles…

Where is the actual OMP installation? I don’t see a public_html/po/omp/ or a public_html/po/omp1.2/.

Here @ctgraham

It looks like there is an “omp” folder in both “public_html” and in “po” now. Is that intentional?

Note that installing OMP underneath a location with an existing Wordpress install could cause undesirable side effects. If Wordpress is using rewrite rules for the URLs, they could override URLs for OMP.

Hi @ctgraham. I don’t know where omp in public_html came from. It just appears. I always delete that folder but it reappears.

Oh, I’m gonna try to install omp again when I already purchased a new web host. I’ll see if I’m gonna encounter this issues again.

Thank you :slight_smile: