OMP doesn't load properly

Hi :slight_smile:

Yesterday I can access the website properly, but when I tried accessing it today it doesn’t load properly. What might be the cause of this? Thank you so much.

Can someone help me please? :frowning: I tried installing omp again, but its still the same. I’ve been using OMP for 3 weeks now, but since saturday this is what happened.

Hi @shamae_507,

Have you checked your PHP error log to see if there’s something relevant?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, I tried re-installing OMP a couple of times, the header, footer and everything else already appeared properly but the contents just loads.

Hi @shamae_507,

Have you checked your PHP error log to see if there’s something relevant?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher Hi! Sorry but I don’t know where can I locate it. I’m new at this and I don’t have enough knowledge in PHP. Where can I see the PHP error log? Thank you.

Hi @shamae_507,

That’ll depend on your server’s configuration; if your host has a knowledge base, it’ll be somewhere in there. See e.g. this Stackoverflow thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, I found an error log. Is this the one that you’re talking about? Thank you.

[22-Nov-2016 00:37:08] omp has produced an error
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘em’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
In file: /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp/lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/HTMLDefinition.php
At line: 324
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘strong’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
In file: /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp/lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/HTMLDefinition.php
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘cite’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘code’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘ul’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘ol’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘li’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘dl’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘dt’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘dd’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘b’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘i’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘u’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘sup’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘sub’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘br’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
Message: USER WARNING: Attribute ‘’ in element ‘p’ not supported (for information on implementing this, see the support forums)
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[22-Nov-2016 18:51:24] installer.installFilesDirError
[22-Nov-2016 18:51:53] installer.installFilesDirError

Hi @shamae_507,

Yes, that looks like the PHP error log. Some of those warnings suggest that the format for your allowed_html setting in config.inc.php is in the wrong syntax – check out the example in config.TEMPLATE.inc.php. I suspect your server is configured to send PHP error messages to the web browser, which can cause problems in subrequests that then have PHP error messages jammed into them. I would suggest checking your display_errors setting (both php.ini and config.inc.php) to ensure that error messages are logged, rather than sent to the browser.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, I checked out config.inc.php and config.TEMPLATE.inc.php. I think they have the same syntax. I’m sorry if I have lots of questions.

config.inc.php:

config.TEMPLATE.inc.php:

Hi @shamae_507,

What version of OMP are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, sorry for the late response. I already tried installing different versions but all the outputs are the same.

Hi @shamae_507,

Start with the latest release (currently OMP 1.2.0), and post a current PHP error log for that version, and I’ll see if I can help debug.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher. I tried the installing the latest version and it here is the output.

I checked the PHP error log and it says
[08-Feb-2017 17:49:37] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php on line 10

Hi @shamae_507,

What version of PHP are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher , I’m using PHP 5.6.29. Is the latest release not compatible with this version?

Hi @shamae_507,

Are you sure? I’m using PHP 5.6.29 myself without problems. The error message suggests you’re using something older than PHP 5.3.7, which is required by the password_compat library we use.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, yes. I’am sure. It works now. Here is the output…

I checked the PHP error log,and it still says
“[08-Feb-2017 17:49:37] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /home1/pnuresea/public_html/po/omp1.2/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php on line 10”

Hi @shamae_507,

Can you post a link to a phpinfo script? Also check to make sure that the file permissions on your cache/ subdirectory are permitting OJS to create/manage files there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, Sorry but I don’t know how to post a link to a phpinfo script and how will I know if its permitting omp to create and manage files there? I’m really sorry. I don’t have any ideas.