[OJS3.2] Schedule for publication: No access to this stage

Dear all,
Did any of you already publish an issue or article in OJS 3.2? I am superuser of my journal, I had an issue prepared for publication before the upgrade (still testing on my dev server), I don’t see those scheduled articles in the future issue (although the count number of publications is there as well as the sections), the save button is gray in the publication tab of one of those articles, and above all, when I eventually try to schedule for publication it would show me “You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow”.
As I said, I am journal manager and my account is associated to practically all roles.
Are there any similar experiences? I’m a bit confused

All the best
Klaus

Hi @klausru,

Would you be willing to provide me privately with a copy of your database, anonymized as needed, as well as a quick list of steps required to show the problem? If so, please send me a private message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I am afraid I have the same problem.

Everything seems to be fine until the very last step (“Schedule for Publication”):

" All publication requirements have been met. This will be published when Vol. 6 No. 1 (2020) is published. Are you sure you want to schedule this for publication?

The DOI for this publication will be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Then, when I click on “Schedule for Publication” a purple popup appears with the text "You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow”, and the Status of the paper remains “Unscheduled”.

What can I do?

2 Likes

Problem solved: it was an authorization issue. Sorry for bothering you.

hi@tkomives can you help be troubleshoot
“Schedule for Publication” a purple popup appears with the text "You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow”, and the Status of the paper remains “Unscheduled”.
i am having same problem.

“Problem solved: it was an authorization issue. Sorry for bothering you” what are the steps to authorize @itomives, help me please

Workflow / Review page

Right-hand column:…Participants …Assign

Click on “Assign” to assigne (authorize) a Section editor or Guest editor for the paper: they can make all the necessary steps needed for publication.

Hi,

This solution didn’t work here.

I assigned a ‘ABC’ user like Section Editor with “Assignment privileges” and “Permissions” (both checkboxes are marked). The same ‘ABC’ user was assign like Journal Manager role.

When I’m trying to “Schedule for Publication”, this message appears to me: “You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow.”

No log errors here.

What could be happening?

Hi @riquemg,

I see you’ve also posted this question here: Can't Schedule Publications with right permissions

I’ll close this thread, and someone should respond to your other question. It’s best to post each question only once, otherwise it’s hard to keep the forum organized.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team