Can't Schedule Publications with right permissions

Hi,

In a specific Journal, my publications have some users with right roles, but they didn’t can schedule the publications. I tried the next solution, but it didn’t work:

I assigned a ‘ABC’ user like Section Editor with “Assignment privileges” and “Permissions” (both checkboxes are marked). The same ‘ABC’ user was assign like Journal Manager role.

When I’m trying to “Schedule for Publication”, this message appears to me: “You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow.”

No log errors here.

What could be happening?

Thank you!

Please, could someone help me with this?

Go to Settings > Users & Roles > Roles and check whether the Section Editor has access to the Production stage.

If that doesn’t fix things, tell us what version of OJS you are using.

Hi @NateWr

Thank you for your advice.

Yes, this role have all permissions checked.

My version is 3.2.1.1

image_1 image_2

@riquemg, I’m not able to reproduce this with the latest stable version. I’d recommend updating to 3.2.1-2 to see if that resolves the problem.

Hi @NateWr

Thank U for your feedback.

I’ll update it after the new year and give a new update, here.

Happy hollydays!

We have the same issue.

We are running OJS v3.3.0-3 on a Debian v10.8 system, running Apache v2.4, MariaDB v1.10, and PHP 7.3 (FPM).

The user who gets the error message is a journal manager.

Our roles are the default ones:

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.10.47

As the site administrator, I can schedule submissions for publication, but the journal manager cannot.

Any ideas?

Solution:

For the role in which you want to schedule a publication,

Go to Settings > Users & Roles > Roles

uncheck → This role is only allowed to recommend a review decision and will require an authorised editor to record a final decision.

Again this will only effect from current submission.

For the submission, you are facing the issue
“You don’t currently have access to that stage of the workflow.”

go to workflow > select the participant > and click edit.

uncheck → This role is only allowed to recommend a review decision and will require an authorised editor to record a final decision.

Now try to schedule your publication!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.