[OJS2.4.8 to 3.1.2-3] XAMPP, How to Upgrade with upgrade.php

Hi @erupnik,

In your OJS 2.x database, are there any entries in the controlled_vocabs table with symbolic = 'submissionSubject'?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
Yes, there are many of entries with this symbolic.
By the way, I’m upgrading from OJS 3.0.2.0.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
e

However, I don’t find any entry with id 1048588-90. All entry IDs start with 1048585-

Hi all,
Has anyone encountered a similar issue or has some idea to fix it? @asmecher maybe?
Thanks!

Hi @erupnik,

I wonder if you have submissionSubject entries for nonexistent articles. Can you try the following query on your OJS 3.0.2 database?

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM controlled_vocabs cv LEFT JOIN submissions s ON (s.submission_id = cv.assoc_id) WHERE cv.assoc_type = 1048585 AND s.submission_id IS NULL;

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, thank you for the answer. I just tried the query, there is no entries complying with those conditions (see the file attached). ;|phmyadmin_requet

Hello @asmecher, do you there is a workaround similar to the one suggested here: Upgrade error: Duplicate entry 'xxx-yyy' for key 'citations_publication_seq' · Issue #5626 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

thanks,
e

Hi @erupnik,

No, that resolution would help if you were dealing with the citations table, but this issue seems related to the controlled_vocabs table.

Would you be willing to provide me with a database dump? If so, send me a private message with information on how to access it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher , yes of course, I sent you a link to access the dump in a private message. Sorry for nagging you about this again.

Hi @erupnik,

Thanks for your patience – we’re a small team with a lot of competing priorities, and working with 3rd-party data is time-consuming! I’ve identified the problem and filed an issue here:

There are instructions for patching at the bottom of the page.

I encountered one further problem with your data (to do with the citations table). There’s a work-around documented here but in brief, execute the SQL DELETE FROM citations; before running the upgrade script, perform the upgrade, then run php lib/pkp/tools/parseCitations.php afterwards to re-generate the data.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
It worked beautifully! Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate your time & energy.
All the best,
er

1 Like