[OJS2.4.8 to 3.1.2-3] XAMPP, How to Upgrade with upgrade.php

@asmecher

I’m running XAMPP for MacOS X v7.3.11 and try to make a local OJS test upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.1.2-3 before upgrading the main OJS system online.

But I got stuck: Trying to upgrade via install page results in timeout (blank page). Reloading leads to DB Error: Table 'db35967.articles' doesn't exist.

But how can I upgrade with the cli tool? I tried to do this via terminal with php /tools/upgrade.php upgrade, but nothing happens (yes, php is in PATH).

Can someone give me a clue?

Thanks, Tobias

Hi @twa,

Each time you try to upgrade and something goes wrong, you’ll have to restore from backup. That explains the articles doesn't exist error message.

For the CLI tool, you’ll need to change directory into your OJS installation directory, then run

php tools/upgrade.php`

I think the leading slash in /tools/upgrade.php caused the problem; that’ll look for it in your servers root directory, which probabaly isn’t right.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
I’m experienceing the same issue. Trying to upgrade from ojs 3.0.2.0 to ojs 3.2.1-1. I also updated php from 5.64 to 7.2 as I understood the new ojs is compatibile with version >=7.2.

When I type:
php tools/upgrade.php
or
php tools/upgrade.php check
or
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

I have no response (the terminal does not print anything to the screen).

Any idea about what could cause it?

BTW, under ojs 3.0.2.0 the php tools/upgrade.php works.

Thanks