Upgrading from 3.1.1-4 to 3.2.0-3: Data too long for column

Hi @asmecher,
Thanks for your reply.
I have solved the Data too long for column comments issue.

I am advancing through the upgrade process. (Full Package, web-based DB upgrade)

A couple of questions and issues:

a) To start the database upgrade process I’m required to insert admin credentials, together with some other details. I undersatand these need to be the current admin credentials. However, if I insert current admin credentials, the process will report errors with message “admin already exists”, or so. So I inserted a new non-existing admin credentials, which enabled the process to continue. Is this the way to go to upgrade or am I doing something wrong?

b) If I insert a new admin credentials the upgrade script seemed to progress further but I got the following on-screen message Duplicate entry '0-3' for key 'citations_publication_seq'

I found this topic at

I deleted from citations and then php lib/pkp/tools/parseCitations.php all

…and started from scratch again.

c) Having proceeded as stated in a) and b) it appears the process has fairly successfully concluded, but, when accessing Submissions from Admin area I get the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getData() on null in /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmission.inc.php:54

Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/(journalname)/classes/services/SubmissionService.inc.php(134): PKPSubmission->getBestId() #1 /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): APP\Services\SubmissionService->modifyPropertyValues('Submission::get...', Array) #2 /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/classes/services/PKPSubmissionService.inc.php(254): HookRegistry::call('Submission::get...', Array) #3 /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/classes/services/PKPSubmissionService.inc.php(297): PKP\Services\PKPSubmissionService->getProperties(Object(Submission), Array, Array) #4 /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/classes/components/listPanels/PKPSubmissionsListPanel.inc.php(186): PKP\Services\PKPSubmissionService->getBackendListProperties(Object(Submission), Array) #5 /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/pages/dashboard/DashboardHandler.inc.php(76): PKP\components\listPanels\PKPSubmissionsListPanel->getItems(O in /var/www/html/(journalname)/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmission.inc.php on line 54

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Juan