OJS 3 mixing of editor and reviewers role

Hi all,

One more time something on mixing editor and reviewer roles, a problem I can’t find solution for in the forum… I am using OJS 3.1.1-2. As migrated from OJS 2 there are some editors having reviewer role on an article. Majority of issues have been solved with the new possibility using link “Editorial workflow” at the submission list. But there is following issue looks like not solved:

The editor (at the same time assigned as reviewer on the submission) follows the “Editorial workflow” link and comes to the submission. But trying to open a revised document under the “Revisions” on the “Review” tab opens a new browser tab with following error instead of downloading the document:

{"status":false,"content":"You have not been assigned to this submission with a role that is allowed to access this operation.","elementId":"0","events":null}

If needed, the URL in the browser is:
..........$$$call$$$/api/file/file-api/download-file?fileId=10245&revision=1&submissionId=2829&stageId=3

Can you please let me know if there is a solution for the above issue?

Regards, Primož

@asmecher,

Do you have any idea hot to solve this? Maybe you can just point to the code where this access to file validation is being done to temporarily grant access to all editors - that would help a lot.

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

There is some information in this issue about how access is granted to roles in the code: [OJS] Reviewer doesn't have adequate permission to download review file · Issue #2092 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Is this helpful?

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @astevens,

Thank you for the link. it was not the same problem, but helped. In my case the editor (that was also a reviewer on the same submission) was not able to download files of two submissions (both assigned to).

At one submission I only assigned the submission to the editor again.
In second submission assignment was not enough, as the editor declined the review. In this case I noticed in the DB in the table review_assignments that the declined was 1 and I changed it to 0. After that it works.

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

Thanks for posting your solution!

Best,
Amanda