OJS 3.3 New Submission Notification

Dear @pmangahis,
I have a similar problem now, and I do no longer receive notifications of new submissions. We have now upgraded to 3.3.0.7 and this is proving difficult! is there any way around so that I - as journal manager - can be notified of new submission received by journals? Thanks!
Lucia

Hi @lsteele,

Thanks for your question, I’ve gone ahead and split this question from OJS 3.1-3.2: New submission assignment into a new post as it only affects OJS 3.3+.

To confirm are there multiple users with the JM role or is it just you?

As mentioned in the original post, there is an open feature request to allow Editors to be automatically assigned in the same way OJS supports for Section Editors.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hi @pmangahis,
thanks for your reply. I have two orders of problems, the most pressing of which is the notification. I no longer receive a copy of the new submission confirmation sent to the author (I used to receive this with our previous installation). If it may have to do with role assignment, are there any rules? I share with you a typical role assignment (at editor level, omitting section/guest/sub-editors):

Role name Permission level
EIC Section editor
Journal manager Journal manager
Publisher Journal manager

I have a Journal Manager role…
Do you have any recommendations with the objective to receive notifications?
Thank you if you can follow up with me.
Lucia

Hi @lsteele,

Thank you for confirming. I do apologize for the delay in response as I have been away. I am confirming with our developers to see if there had been a change around the submission email notification and will advise as soon as I have received a response.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hi @lsteele,

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an immediate solution for this on 3.3. In the meantime, I’ve filed an issue for the email notification itself, and it looks like there is already a related open feature request to re-add submission acknowledgement email recipient controls in Settings scheduled against OJS 3.4.

Perhaps other JM’s who have upgraded recently may be able to share their workarounds.

Kind Regards,
Patricia
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @pmangahis ,

I have recently upgraded to OJS 3.3.7 and realized that the “Notification of Author Submission” section is missing.

learning-ojs3.1-configure-submission-notification

The OJS documentation also mentions it but I could not find it under Setttings>Workflow>Submission or elsewhere.

https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/settings-workflow#submission

Is this section removed in OJS 3.3.7 ? If yes what is the replacement?

Regards,
Zaratushtra

Hello @zaratushtra,

As mentioned, in my reply above this feature had been removed in earlier versions of OJS 3 and has been scheduled to be re-added against OJS 3.4.

Kind Regards,
Patricia
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi pmangahis,
After sorting somehow this issue on other journals, we have opened a new journal with the same configuration and I - as journal manager - receive no notification of new submissions to this new journal. It seems impossible and there must be some configuration to check. Can you point me in the right directiion, please? I look forward to your reply,
Lucia