[OJS 3.3] Article & Issues

Greetings,

I wanted to make a few changes as to how Article and Issues are displayed.
I wanted to add a label to the ‘addthis’ plugin to be similar to the ‘how to cite’ and ‘Issue’ blocks on the side bar, i couldn’t find an option on the plugin configuration but I’ve seen other journals doing so.
I also wanted to change the term ‘Author Biography’ to something else, should i make this change in the locale.po file?

article

Lastly i wanted to the publisher to be visible for both articles and issues.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Best regards,
José Nobre

Hi @josenobre

You can add the title manually either in the plugin template or creating a child theme for your actual OJS theme and adding the title. You can inspect the code or your theme using your browser to check which is the correct tag for that.

I also wanted to change the term ‘Author Biography’ to something else, should i make this change in the locale.po file?
Yes, you can change in the PO file or install the Custom locale plugin and try to use it to adjust as you like. See the documentation about this procedure:
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/translating-guide/en/customize-locale

Lastly i wanted to the publisher to be visible for both articles and issues.
You can create a custom block using the custom block plugin to show the publisher using it. Have you already tried it?

Best,
Israel Cefrin
PKP Team

Hi @israel.cefrin

Thank you for your reply, your answer gave me much insight but i still have some questions.
What files of the theme must i change? I tried to identify the file with inspect but i couldn’t figure it out so i tried to analyse the files one by one, i could identify the citations plugin in articles_details.lss but not the Addthis plugin.

About the display of the publisher i was hopeful for it to be display in this manner

On a similar note i wanted to organize the Issues by year on the archive.
Is this code from this thread up to date? Will it be compatible with OJS 3.3 and further updates (at least 3.X)?

<ul class="issues_archive">
  	{iterate from=issues item=issue}

{if $issue->getYear() != $lastYear}
  			<li><h3>{$issue->getYear()|escape}</h3></li>
  			{assign var=lastYear value=$issue->getYear()}
  		{/if}

<li>
  			{include file="frontend/objects/issue_summary.tpl"}
  		</li>
  	{/iterate}
  </ul>

Best regards,
José Nobre

Dear @josenobre,
Could you help me how to add Top-menu in XML article display?
Best regards,
DDHung

Hi @ddhung,

The screenshot being shown is not from out journal, it belongs to the journal of the University of Chile I’ve been using it as an exemple of what I would like to reach. I’ve tried to contact them but to no success.
This is the link of the article in question.
Since we cannot fully automate the creation of XML files we will not use them for the lack of people.
I’m regretful for not providing much help.

Best regards,
José Nobre

1 Like