OJS 3.2.0-2 AJAX error

Hi all,

I have a fresh OJS 3.2.0-2 installation. When I want to edit a user (list of users and click on Edit user) I get en error Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned.

The browser console looks like:

The webserver log says:

[Sun Apr 12 12:07:49.377804 2020] [core:error] [pid 8772:tid 1156] (20025)The given path contained wildcard characters: [client ::1:61478] AH00036: access to /*/api/v1/contexts failed (filesystem path 'C:/Apache24/htdocs/*'), referer: http://localhost/ojs-3.2.0-2/index.php/index/admin/contexts

Verified also with incognito mode to avoid any caching issues.

Any idea what is wrong?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

The webserver log entry you quoted doesn’t correspond to the same URL as the browser’s web console; there should be another PHP error log entry that corresponds to the 500 error.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Sorry for late reply, only today I found the time to look at this again. The same error, but this time I got some good info from the php error log, I believe. Here it is:

[27-Apr-2020 15:47:12 Europe/Ljubljana] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\sokil\php-isocodes\src\AbstractDatabase.php:87
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\sokil\php-isocodes\src\AbstractDatabase.php(46): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->bindGettextDomain()
#1 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\sokil\php-isocodes\src\IsoCodesFactory.php(65): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->__construct(NULL)
#2 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\controllers\grid\settings\user\form\UserDetailsForm.inc.php(163): Sokil\IsoCodes\IsoCodesFactory->getCountries()
#3 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\controllers\grid\settings\user\UserGridHandler.inc.php(287): UserDetailsForm->display(Object(Request))
#4 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPRouter.inc.php(391): UserGridHandler->editUser(Array, Object(Request))
#5 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitia in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ojs-3.2.0-2\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\sokil\php-isocodes\src\AbstractDatabase.php on line 87

Any idea what is wrong?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

See e.g.: The 500 error in registration page

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

Confirming that was the problem. Thank you very much.

Best regards, Primož