The 500 error in registration page

Hello,

When i open the registration page, it shows 500 error. The log is shown as below. How can i fix that?

Regards,

[07-Mar-2020 11:43:57 Asia/Shanghai] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php:87 Stack trace: #0 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php(46): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->bindGettextDomain() #1 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/IsoCodesFactory.php(65): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->__construct(NULL) #2 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php(103): Sokil\IsoCodes\IsoCodesFactory->getCountries() #3 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php(151): RegistrationForm->fetch(Object(Request), NULL, true) #4 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/pages/user/RegistrationHandler.inc.php(58): Form->display(Object(Request)) #5 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(391): RegistrationHandler->register(Array, Object(Request)) #6 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(231): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false) #7 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(143): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) #8 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(278): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) #9 /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute() #10 {main} thrown in /home/wwwroot/lamp7.2/domain/sun.com/web/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php on line 87

Hi @littlemeizhi,

It looks like your PHP installation doesnā€™t include gettext support; see e.g.: php - Docker PHP5.6 Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() - Stack Overflow

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

2 Likes

the problem has been solved. many thanks!

Hey @littlemeizhi,

How did you solve the issue. I have the same issue but did not resolve it.

1 Like

Hello,

install gettext in your php server

Hello @littlemeizhi,

I have installed gettext in php server but still the issue retains.

Hi @pjhssr,

I would suggest double-checking your PHP configuration using a phpinfo script. Create a script called phpinfo.php somewhere in your web root with the following contents:

<?php phpinfo();

Then point your web browser to it and you should see a lot of configuration information about your PHP environment. You should see this in the page:
Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

I tried the same. Please have a look of the attached screenshot this is what phpinfo.php file shows.

gettext

Regards
PJHSSR

Hi @pjhssr,

Thatā€™s not the same thing; make sure you have the gettext module enabled in your PHP configuration file, and donā€™t forget that it may be necessary to restart your Apache process for the change to take effect.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

i try to install gettext but theres also error
PHP Warning: Module ā€˜imagickā€™ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
WARNING: ā€œpear/Console_Getoptā€ is deprecated in favor of ā€œpear/Console_GetoptPlusā€
pear/PEAR dependency package ā€œpear/Archive_Tarā€ installed version 1.4.9 is not the recommended version 1.4.4, but may be compatible, use --force to install
pear/File_Gettext requires package ā€œpear/PEARā€
No valid packages found
install failed

Hi @Fauji_Nurdin,

It looks like youā€™re trying to install the gettext extension using Pear. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s the best way to do it ā€“ Iā€™ve always just enabled the gettext module in my php.ini using a preexisting module that comes with PHP. However, the details will depend on your server. You might try a resource like Stackoverflow, since itā€™s more of a server administration question than an OJS question.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

its already solved , thank you

same issue i m facing. i have multiple journals on my OJS. individual journalā€™s registration page is working but site registration page is not working.
List of journals: https://cepss.org/journal/
Site Registration Page: http://cepss.org/journal/index.php/index/user/register?source=
Journals registration page is working.
My getext is already enabled by hosting providers and also confirmed from phpinfo() page

@Sufyan_Sher,

This is an older post. If you havenā€™t done so already, please post a new post to the forum outlining the issue you are encountering, and referring back to this post.

-Roger
PKP Team