Ojs 3.1 upgrade issue

Hi all,
I am trying upgrade from 3.0.1 directly to 3.1.
I have got this error

DB Error: Table ‘k2542002_jmath.navigation_menus’ doesn’t exist

It seems that it did because in 3.0.1 DB there is no navigation menus

@asmecher @israel.cefrin

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to change the On to Off in config. After it, the upgrade process finish successfully.
However, when I login as journal editor. The error message pop ups

An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.

I clicked OK 3 times then it disappear and come to Submission interface.
This problem comes again, when navigate back to Submission.

Result of initial check:

1. New look is great for submission
  2. I find no quick submit plugin
  3. The references look unsystematic

Question:

1. How to hide keywords and references in article page?
  2. Do the previous themes work for 3.1 e.g. manuscript, bootstrap?
1 Like

Dear @kawahyu,
Manuscript theme works fine.

Does pdf galley files open with the pdf viewer?

Regards,
@anupent

Thanks @anupent
It works. For pdf galley, it leads directly to download file.
Do you have any problem for the submission as mine?

Hi @kawahyu,

So far, everything looks fine. PDF galley is being viewed by PDF viewer.
I have installed manuscript JATS theme by @Vitaliy and is working fine except for some overlapping between the main text area and right menu bar in article detail page.

Regards,
@anupent

Does the affix bar works while you scroll down?

You are using my modification of defaultManuscript theme. Standard theme the doesn’t have these features.

I think this is what you are referring to. I decreased its width to 26% and now it seem to work fine.

Edit: When I pull down to bottom, it overlaps the footer!
Edit2: Did CSS tweak as per suggestion from @Vitaliy in one of his old post and no more overlapping the footer.

Not working for me. There is some css tweak of mine which was interfering with this. So currently will have to do with 3.0.2

any ideas for the question?

Hi @NateWr @asmecher
How to deal with the error? Here is the error log says

[26-Oct-2017 10:52:34 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Validation::verifyPassword() should not be called statically in /home/k2542002/public_html/antologimatematika.id/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php on line 58
[26-Oct-2017 10:52:43 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘class’ (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘{’ or ‘$’ in /home/k2542002/public_html/antologimatematika.id/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Container.php on line 149
[26-Oct-2017 10:52:43 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘class’ (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘{’ or ‘$’ in /home/k2542002/public_html/antologimatematika.id/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Container.php on line 149

Thanks in advance

@kawahyu

You may hide this sections using CSS and not touching PHP templates code. E.g.:

.item.citation_formats, .item.subject {
    display: none;
}

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi there,

We are trying to upgrade from 3.0.2 directly to 3.1 and we got this error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on null in classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php on line 2476

We also tried to install it all over again, but that error keeps showing up.
What does it mean? What can we do to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Alina

That happened in my case too. Take a look at this thread:

Were you able to solve this problem?
I have this problem too:
[Fri Oct 27 11:46:15.071277 2017] [:error] [pid 16969] [client] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘class’ (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘{’ or ‘$’ in /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Container.php on line 149, referer: http://domain.name/submissions
[Fri Oct 27 11:46:15.075818 2017] [:error] [pid 16990] [client] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘class’ (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘{’ or ‘$’ in /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Container.php on line 149, referer: http://domain.name/submissions
[Fri Oct 27 11:46:15.080675 2017] [:error] [pid 16860] [client] PHP Parse error: syntax error, ojsunexpected ‘class’ (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘{’ or ‘$’ in /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Container.php on line 149, referer: http://domain.name/submissions

Not yet. Do u have same issue?

Yes. Gif-animation above from my ojs installation. Made today.

Hi all,

What version of PHP is your server running?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

Our version of PHP is 5.6.

Best regards,
Alina

@Alina_T, the resolution to the issue you encountered is posted above.

My question about the PHP version relates to @Pavel_Shvarc’s question.

Regards,
Alec Smecher