[OJS 3.1.2]Error message after email

I made the update from OJS 2.4 to 3.1.2 and when I send a reminder to the Appraiser the following error appears ## email.compose.error ##, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

HI,
You can fix this by configuring SMTP in the config.inc.php file.
Open the file in a text editor, then find this part and configure it like this:
(The port smtp_port value is defined by GMail)

Good luck!
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Email Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[email]

; Use SMTP for sending mail instead of mail()
smtp = On

SMTP server settings
smtp_server = smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port = 465

;Enable SMTP authentication
;Supported mechanisms: ssl, tls
smtp_auth = ssl
smtp_username = “user@mail.server”
smtp_password = “your password”

Hi @oraudales

I have the same error when an author send some submission, in the previous versions of OJS when the author made a submission, the OJS sends a submission acknowledgement email to the author, in the OJS 3.1.2 this email is not sent only showing this notification when the site is in Spanish

error_submission_acknowledgenent

when the site is in English

problema_envio_correo

I have configured the SMTP settings in my config.inc.php file as follow:

; Use SMTP for sending mail instead of mail()
smtp = On

; SMTP server settings
smtp_server = smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port = 465

; Enable SMTP authentication
; Supported mechanisms: ssl, tls
smtp_auth = ssl
smtp_username = test@gmail.com
smtp_password = xxxx

It’s important to mention, that other kind the emails are sent to the journal gestor.

These hashes are showed because the phrase isn’t yet translated into your language.

You can fix this in the file “common.xml” located at /pkp-lib/locale/yourlanguage.

Hi @cicerobcastro yes I think you try to indicate a solution that in the error window does not show ## email.compose.error ## message, But I think that the subject real to this topic is Why this message appears?, having that the SMTP configuration is set correctly.

For me this error popup message appears when the author makes a submission. The system sends a message to the administrator, editor an author, the email is sent to the two first, but for the author is not sent.

Don’t you have the same behaviour on OJS 3.1.2?

Yes, I’m trying to solve this problem too.

Have you found some error message in the logs?

Hi @cicerobcastro

Yes I have created a topic with the specific error is this topic but I dont find a solution yet.

1 Like