[OJS 3.1.0.1] Error in Submission setting area

Dear all,

I have this problem as well. I got everything working by swithing connection & database charset to utf-8 BUT simultaneuosly I lost all the special characters. We run our paper in English (www.sjlas.org), but since the authors are around the world, and many of them from Scandinavia, their names often has those characters like ä, å, ö, ø, ü. Any suggestions?

BR

Tinde

Dear Tinde,

Please post your question in separate thread and inform us which version of OJS you use and is that upgraded or freshly installed.

Thanks

Thanks a lot buddy… This worked for me… It was a headache… Kudos to you. God bless you.

@Tiziano’s solution will work in most of such situations… in my config.inc.php connection_charset and database_charset settings were set to Off. Once they were changed to utf8 the problem was resolved… hope this will help others…

2 Likes

thankyou soooo much… this answer saved my day

1 Like

A million thanks to Tiziano!! Changing the Database connection character set to utf8 was the fix!!! I had upgraded OJS from 3.2.0-3 to 3.2.1-1. I’ve spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot the “An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again” Logs were not helpful. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi @e-smartsolution,

Cross-posted: Slim Application Error & An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again. · Issue #6261 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
(It’s better to pick just one place to post a question/issue; otherwise support effort might get doubled.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

thank you, this solved my problem

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Error in submission error