Ojs 3.0.1- Quick submit plugin

Is quick submit plugin already included in Ojs 3.0.1?
I have upgraded but I can’t find the plugin

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @kawahyu,

That plugin isn’t included in OJS 3.0.1, but will be distributed separately very soon. Since it’s a plugin, this will be easy to add to your OJS 3.0.1 install. Watch the PKP blog for a post about it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi,
Is there any news about quicksubmit plugin, I tried to install https://github.com/defstat/PKP-QuickSubmitPlugin/tree/master this one, mentioned here Quick submit plugin in OJS 3.0 - #9 by asmecher but I get error 500 when I try to run it.

Hi @knjigor

We still have to find a good way to integrate the new plugin, but… You can take the .tar.gz from here: Release ojs-3_0_1-0 · pkp/quickSubmit · GitHub. You will have to remove the current quickSubmit folder in your plugins/importexport/ folder, to extract the package there and rename the new folder to “quickSubmit” instead of (quickSubmit-ojs-3_0_1-0). I checked it right now with the current ojs-stable-3_0_1 branch and it worked for me. How did you try to do it i.e. does this way work for you?

Best
Bozana

Hi @bozana

Thanks for your guideline. I follow your guideline to add quickSubmit plugins. I add it to this path (public_html/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit) i also see the quickSubmit plugin in my OJS installation. But when i click quickSubmit plugin from tools menu i get HTTP ERROR 500 and …/management/importexport/plugin/QuickSubmitPlugin this path in url bar.

Hi all,
I have tried as @bozana suggested. When I click the quickSubmit plugin, it just goes white blank. Nothing appears.

Hi @bozana,
Same as above, HTTP Error 500, log file say

[Tue Jan 10 08:41:22.834555 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 12675] [client 192.168.131.1:64833] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method SectionDAO::getTitles() in /var/www/clients/client0/web7/web/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 206, referer: http://godisnjak.ff.uns.ac.rs/index.php/gff/management/tools

Hmmm… I tried it with the current ojs-stable-3_0_1 branch and had no problems… I will take a look with the release package – lots of issues were solved/changed since than… Will let you know then… THANKS!!!

Hello,

Yes, it seems the function changed in the SectionDAO with this commit after the release and the plugin is developed on top of that recent changes: pkp/pkp-lib#2049 Respect section editor-only flag on submission · pkp/ojs@9222f35 · GitHub
I’ll see if we will maybe make another plugin package, to fit to the current OJS 3.0.1 release. Till then you could change the getTitles into getSectionTitles in plugins/importexport/quickSubmit/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php (two times) and I will let you know if there is a new plugin package soon…

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana
Thanks a lot, it works. Does the change in QuickSubmitForm.inc.php affect further upgrade for Ojs 3.0.x?

Hi @kawahyu

When you upgrade to the next OJS 3.0.2 for example, you will have to upgrade the plugin as well…

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana
Thanks for your information.
I successfully use the quicksubmit plugin to publish the old issues in 2015. The problem is the old issue replaced the newest issue as the current issue. The current issue in my journal is Vol 8 No 2 (2015): Nopember. How could I solve this? If I am not mistaken, in Ojs 2.4.xx we can manage the current issue.
http://jurnalbeta.ac.id/index.php/betaJTM

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
To turn the newest issue as the current issue, I unpublished the issue first and published it again. It brings back the current issue. By re-publishing the issue again, the published date changes. I change the date to the original date when I published it. is it the only procedure to do this?

So, is it safe to install now? @asmecher told it would be available in the Plugin Gallery. But it is not.

@Ph_We

I will be probably be in the Plugin Gallery in the next OJS 3.0.2 release. Now, you would have to get and unpack the package manually/alone, but I would say it is safe to use it already i.e. with the OJS 3.0.1 version…

Best,
Bozana

Thank you! I’ve tried it. Looks OK. :+1:

Please when will the plugin be available

Hi @oyeniyi_sk,

The plugin is available in the Plugin Gallery starting with OJS 3.0.2, and for OJS 3.0.1 it’s available here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you

[image: --]

SAMUEL OYENIYI
[image: https://]

Hello,

After installing the plugin, it is still now included in the import/export plugins.

Pls can you help me on this?

Thank you