OJS 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 new instalation problem

Hi There,
I have OJS 3.0.1 and other, 3.0.2 new installation.

After installation, when i try to use - Administration/Submission/My Queue ; Administrator/Issues/Future Issues; Settings/Journal/MastHead; User & Roles/Users; Tools/Import-Export … (all these is the first block in the menu) i see only "Loading"or blank screen. When i try to open i new window - the message is:

{“status”:true,“content”:"
\n\t\n\t\t\tHelp\n\t</a>\n\n\t
\n\t\t\t\t
Native XML Plugin</a>: Import and export articles and issues in OJS’s native XML format.</li>\n\t\t\t\t
CrossRef XML Export Plugin</a>: Export article metadata in CrossRef XML format.</li>\n\t\t\t\t
mEDRA Export/Registration Plugin</a>: Export issue, article and galley metadata in Onix for DOI (O4DOI) format and register DOIs with the mEDRA registration agency.</li>\n\t\t\t\t
DataCite Export/Registration Plugin</a>: Export or register issue, article, galley and supplementary file metadata in DataCite format.</li>\n\t\t\t\t
Users XML Plugin</a>: Import and export users</li>\n\t\t\t\t
Public Identifiers XML Plugin</a>: Import and export public identifiers</li>\n\t\t\t\t
DOAJ Export Plugin</a>: Export Journal for DOAJ.</li>\n\t\t\t</ul>\n</div>",“elementId”:“0”}

The new page is: my.domain…/index.php/hit/$$$call$$$/tab/settings/access-settings-tab/show-tab?tab=users
message is:
{“status”:true,“content”:"\n\n\t\t\tHelp\n\t</a>\n\n\n\n

for Issues/Future Issues:
The new page is:http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/manageIssues#futureIssuesDiv
and stay on “Loading”.

After 2-3-4 reloading, from time to time i can to load the right page.

I can use others items on the menus. ( If they is not the first in the page)

For example: In new submission

1. Start - Is not accessible.

2. Upload Submission

3. Enter Metadata

4. Confirmation

5. Next Steps

In Submission:

My Queue - is not accessible

All Active

Archives

Hi @HiTech,

Have you checked your error log? See this FAQ entry:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi,
For a pity i don’t have access to the .log’s out off my domain directory ( i use hosted domain).
But the question is why some menus is working, but some not?

Can this be if i use localization in Bulgarian, incomplete, and my be with some errors in the .xml’s?

Hi @HiTech,

You should have access to your PHP error log, even on a shared server. I’d suggest checking with them, or searching their knowledge base.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher,

Support of the domain send me part of the messages in php Log file :

[Wed Feb 08 22:43:46.154800 2017] [:error] [pid 804850] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 95.42.177.143:50381] couldn’t create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/hitech/public_html/index.php, referer: http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/management/settings/access
[Wed Feb 08 22:43:46.140393 2017] [:error] [pid 804850] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 95.42.177.143:50381] couldn’t create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/hitech/public_html/hit/index.php, referer: http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/management/settings/access
[Wed Feb 08 22:43:40.140945 2017] [:error] [pid 816432] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 95.42.177.143:50380] couldn’t create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/hitech/public_html/index.php, referer: http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/management/settings/access
[Wed Feb 08 22:43:40.128086 2017] [:error] [pid 816432] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 95.42.177.143:50380] couldn’t create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/hitech/public_html/index.php, referer: http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/management/settings/access
[Wed Feb 08 22:43:40.093230 2017] [:error] [pid 816417] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 95.42.177.143:50379] couldn’t create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/hitech/public_html/index.php, referer: http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/management/settings/access

Hi @HiTech,

Those log entries suggest that your server is hitting a process or memory limit and not allowing your OJS installation to execute. Those don’t look like the normal PHP limits, so you may need to ask your hosting provider what limits are being imposed and whether it’s possible to extend them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,hasmecher

The limit is 2G Virtual memory and 1,25G Phisical.
What is need for OJS 3.0.x?

Hi @HiTech,

That should be plenty – I would suggest asking your host what specific limit you’re hitting; the log entries quoted above don’t include that information. (Also, are you sure you’re looking at the PHP log? That looks like an Apache error log, but there might be a separate PHP log with more information.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher,

Yes, really, this is a log from Apache server.
I’ll try to get log file from PHP.
Regards,

Hi Alec,

When i use PHP ver.5.3.x there not errors, and error.log is empty.
With 5.4 and higher i can’t to install the product, because of errors during installation.
Now with PHP v.5.4 i have toooooo many errors in error log using OJS, especially when i try to use Issues/Future Issues

here you can see part of these errors:

[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ValidatorUrl::getRegexp() should be compatible with ValidatorUri::getRegexp($allowedSchemes = NULL) in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/validation/ValidatorUrl.inc.php on line 19
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::initData() should be compatible with Form::initData() in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::readInputData() should be compatible with Form::readInputData() in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute($object = NULL) in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 351
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:27 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:28 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::checkFrequency() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php on line 315
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:28 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::_isInRange() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTaskHelper.inc.php on line 114
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:28 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::checkFrequency() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php on line 315
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:28 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::_isInRange() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTaskHelper.inc.php on line 114
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:28 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php on line 409
[09-Feb-2017 09:24:28 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/hit/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68

1 Like

This is just new installation of OJS v 3.0.2 with PHP ver. 5.4.
And last errors in error.log:
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::checkFrequency() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php on line 315
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::_isInRange() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTaskHelper.inc.php on line 114
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::checkFrequency() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php on line 315
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method ScheduledTaskHelper::_isInRange() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTaskHelper.inc.php on line 114
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ManageIssuesHandler::authorize() should be compatible with PKPHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments, $enforceRestrictedSite = true) in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/pages/manageIssues/ManageIssuesHandler.inc.php on line 18
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php on line 409
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:02 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PageHandler::authorize() should be compatible with PKPHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments, $enforceRestrictedSite = true) in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/controllers/page/PageHandler.inc.php on line 19
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:02 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php on line 409
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:02 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:02 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PageHandler::authorize() should be compatible with PKPHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments, $enforceRestrictedSite = true) in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/controllers/page/PageHandler.inc.php on line 19
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:03 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php on line 409
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:03 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:03 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php on line 409
[09-Feb-2017 11:20:03 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hitech/public_html/oj/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68

Hi @HiTech,

Those warnings are harmless (and we’ll work to clean them up over the next few releases) but they clutter the error log, making it hard to use. You can configure your php.ini to suppress strict standards reporting.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

But you can see the pictures on the top.
I don’t know where is the problem.
I can’t use these menus because the program stay very long on “Loading” and not load the next page.

Hi @HiTech,

Once you’ve cleared the strict mode messages out of your log, I suspect some more useful messages will be visible there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
I downgrade PHP version to 5.3 and lot of the problems disappeared.
Now i have not error messages, speed is considerably high, and the menus are loaded.
Now i have next 2 Error messages:

[09-Feb-2017 17:23:37 UTC] PHP Warning: include(/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/cache/fc-pluginSettings-1-webfeedblockplugin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Няма такъв файл или директория in /home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php on line 46

[09-Feb-2017 17:23:37 UTC] PHP Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/cache/fc-pluginSettings-1-webfeedblockplugin.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/classes:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/pages:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/pages:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php’) in /home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php on line 46

Regards,
A.T.

Hi @HiTech,

I’m not sure where those warnings are originating but they look harmless. I’ll try to track down the source but I’d suggest ignoring them for the moment.

For what it’s worth, I use PHP5.6 on my development machine, and (once strict mode reporting is suppressed) it works fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,

Hi asmecher.

Now i have an new error in error log:

[09-Feb-2017 20:34:20 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hitech/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/submission/form/PKPSubmissionSubmitStep1Form.inc.php on line 36

May be useful.

Ni Alec,

Very interesting, but …

I suppressed my putting errors in error.log, for errors of type - Notice and Strict only
and now OJS 3.0.2 is working with PHP 5.6 too.

For now :slight_smile:

I downgrade to PHP 5.3 and speed is considerably more high too here :thumbsup: